• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 06:38 PM

That would be cool t0 have a GTT flat screen at shows :bounce:

I think a looping video made to show all the shows and what the site is about would be cool. Having a computer hooked up so people could browse the site also would be great. It is going to take a lot of pennies to be able to do that though. I would like to set a goal to have something like that by the sites second birthday and start going to more shows that are further away if the budget allows. I think it would be awesome and a lot of fun to meet members from all over the place.

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Tractormike, I see enough room on there for at least 2 more GT's, maybe three if they're small :rofl2:!

Goerge, I think you could've put just a little more weight in the cab of the truck in that pic! Maybe it would've ridden a little more level then :rofl2::rofl2:

...I really want to get an enclosed trailer that will fit two garden tractors to take to shows but the main reason is to be able to paint and airbrush it to put the sites design on it and also set it up with some sort of flat screen and awning so we can take a computer along and people can see what the site is all about in realtime :D

I really like that idea :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 06:42 PM

Goerge, I think you could've put just a little more weight in the cab of the truck in that pic! Maybe it would've ridden a little more level then :rofl2::rofl2:

Then I could have posted on the what did you do with your air compressor today thread and mentioned that I had to air up all four brand new tires from blowing them out LOL.

I weighed it down because I was only moving it around the yard to dump it all in the back. :D

#19 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 08:05 PM

My 88' GMC was rotting away to nothing from the NY winters (salt) and had over 300,000 miles on it so I finally replaced it last August. I now have a 2002 silverado 1500, 5.3 v8, 2wd limited slip rear. I use my 6x10 landscape trailer for most of my hauling. It has a 3500lb single axle. I have the original full width mesh tailgate/ramp for it but mostly use the double ramps I made. The mesh gate is really heavy and catches the wind like a sail when going down the road. Also when hauling things that are a little to long they can hang of the back between the ramps a bit.

DSC01891.jpg

If I need a larger trailer I use my Fathers 12,000lb flat bed. Here's some pic's of it loaded up for a plow day with my 49' JD B and his 51' 8n. My B weighs about 4500lbs and the ford about 3500, he pulled them with his 1/2 ton silverado w/4.8 v8. It handled it very well, I was impressed.

DSC01272.jpg

When I need to haul dirt/stone/stuff?, I borrow my uncles dump trailer, man is that thing handy. It's good to have good relatives, It's great to have good relatives with great stuff!

DSC01933.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01889.jpg
  • DSC01888.jpg
  • DSC01270.jpg
  • DSC01271.jpg
  • DSC01937.jpg
  • DSC01928.jpg
  • DSC01921.jpg

#20 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted March 12, 2011 - 11:35 PM

I really want to get an enclosed trailer that will fit two garden tractors to take to shows but the main reason is to be able to paint and airbrush it to put the sites design on it and also set it up with some sort of flat screen and awning so we can take a computer along and people can see what the site is all about in realtime :D[/QUOTE]

You can get vinyl decals made and they can use the site logo right from a flash drive. I think air brushing and painting trailer/trucks is going the way of the dinosaur. Last year i had both my trucks and big trailer done, and i love it. If it was a little cheaper i want to do a picture right from my business on the whole trailer, not sure what its called but its put on like wall paper. I would love to convert my 24' trailer to "livable" space for shows, with A.C., an awning, and a place to sleep, but we need it for work! someday.......:rolleyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• enclosed.jpg

#21 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 11:34 AM

Here's my setup for going to tractor shows.

Posted Image

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 11:44 AM

I love the old pickup/stakebody Ray. Looks great.

#23 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 10:29 PM

ray,
thats fantastic! i love to see the older era trucks, and tractors together. What is the truck?

#24 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ray, that's a great looking rig.

#25 taycotrains OFFLINE  

taycotrains

• Member No: 978
  • 12 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 20, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Here is my hauler...

Posted Image

Bob T

#26 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 12:20 PM

I bought an 18' Hudson last year. In this pic I'm hauling my hay partner's Ford to his brother's house after the PTO quit halfway through baling our 2nd cut. My Massey finished the hay job and we had his tractor back up and running in a little over 1 week.Picture 019.jpg
I have a 2002 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison to pull it.

#27 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:21 PM

Here is my hauler. Our 2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel. Little overkill, but she does the job without breaking a sweat.SAM_0217.jpg