• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,436 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 02:20 PM

Only -11C this morning but the flag is standing straight out and whipping, so I won't be ice fishing today, lol. All this past week it didn't get below -36C overnight or above -20C during the day, so today feels right balmy even with the cloud cover

#1 son picked up my ice auger this morning. It has warmed up to a balmy -10c,,HEATWAVE!!,,,hopefully the pickerel are biting

Edited by Jazz, February 20, 2015 - 02:36 PM.

• hamman and IamSherwood have said thanks

#47 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 03:23 PM

I thought this was a David letterman style " It's so cold....." joke thread. Kinda disappointing it was just a weather report.

Oh well, since I'm already here......

"Lawyers have their hands in their own pockets." - Anthony Justice

"People are like, 'When I was a youngster -- nah, screw it, this is colder.'" - Pythagorus

"Cops yell 'thaw!' when chasing bad guys." - Manmohan Rai

"You're thankful for hot flashes." - Roxanne Worsham

"You don't mind when strangers rub up against you on the subway." - Paul Wiley

"You mop the floor and it turns to frost." - Karen Jones

"Donald Trump's hair freezes in place." - Renee Bailey"@JoshLevs:

, complete this sentence: You know it's insanely cold when..." People worry about the times they said when hell freezes over.

Someone accidentally pours hot coffee on your hands, and you say 'thank you.'" - 

Mark Allen

"

"My lawn jockey asked to borrow a blanket." - Richard Dennehy

"You'd rather listen to Nickelback than walk outside" - Inbal Chaikin

"Miley Cyrus is stuck on her wrecking ball" - PropaneC3H8

"Miley Cyrus had to put her clothes back on." - David Fuller

"I saw a greyhound bus and the dog was riding on the inside." - Jose Febres

"You heat up the milk for your Cheerios" - Gangga Darlenne

"The ice cubes in my drink have goose bumps." - Paul Meola

"Cows are giving ice cream instead of milk." - Nishant Gadani

"You eat ice cream to warm up." - Michael Ball

"Teenagers have pulled their pants up." - Dana Kantor

And, of course, many pointed to the now popular joke online, referencing the town of Hell, Michigan: "Hell has frozen over."

Edited by tater195, February 20, 2015 - 03:26 PM.

• hamman, IamSherwood, MFDAC and 2 others have said thanks

#48 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 05:18 PM

We had -15 at the house and bottomed at -20 on my drive in to work. Stopped twice for diesel only to find the pumps covered. New one on me.

• hamman said thank you

#49 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 05:22 PM

That is good to know Smitty. I live 12 miles north west of Huntsville a little community called Harvest Alabama. Huntsville has grown so much you would not recognize the area.

I had a training course at Redstone in Sept 2012... it Has changed... drove down to Anniston one afternoon--it has changed, too--seems a little more run down now that Ft McClellan has closed and the depot has cut way back...

Smitty
  • hamman said thank you

#50 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 05:24 PM

Don't know what happened there, but my note got lost! One time many years ago when we lived on the prairie and it got to -42C for over a week, we had to stir the house fuel several times a day to keep it flowing. And that was the light winter diesel! Hasn't happened this year yet, thank goodness, and I do have a wood furnace now as well.

#51 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 07:16 PM

I thought this was a David letterman style " It's so cold....." joke thread. Kinda disappointing it was just a weather report.

Oh well, since I'm already here......

"Lawyers have their hands in their own pockets." - Anthony Justice
"People are like, 'When I was a youngster -- nah, screw it, this is colder.'" - Pythagorus
"Cops yell 'thaw!' when chasing bad guys." - Manmohan Rai
"You're thankful for hot flashes." - Roxanne Worsham
"You don't mind when strangers rub up against you on the subway." - Paul Wiley
"You mop the floor and it turns to frost." - Karen Jones
"Donald Trump's hair freezes in place." - Renee Bailey"@JoshLevs:
, complete this sentence: You know it's insanely cold when..." People worry about the times they said when hell freezes over.

Someone accidentally pours hot coffee on your hands, and you say 'thank you.'" - 
Mark Allen

"
"My lawn jockey asked to borrow a blanket." - Richard Dennehy
"You'd rather listen to Nickelback than walk outside" - Inbal Chaikin
"Miley Cyrus is stuck on her wrecking ball" - PropaneC3H8
"Miley Cyrus had to put her clothes back on." - David Fuller
"I saw a greyhound bus and the dog was riding on the inside." - Jose Febres
"You heat up the milk for your Cheerios" - Gangga Darlenne
"The ice cubes in my drink have goose bumps." - Paul Meola
"Cows are giving ice cream instead of milk." - Nishant Gadani
"You eat ice cream to warm up." - Michael Ball
"Teenagers have pulled their pants up." - Dana Kantor
And, of course, many pointed to the now popular joke online, referencing the town of Hell, Michigan: "Hell has frozen over."

Ok, I'll bite. It was so cold I saw a penguin wearing long Johns!
  • hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#52 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:39 PM

My truck said -4 this morning at 4:30 am on the way to work.  It usually is 3 degrees high so it was closer to -7.  Luckily for me it's been starting every morning so far.  Cranks a bit even after being glowed but it goes eventually.  High was about 10 today.

• hamman said thank you

#53 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 09:44 PM

I remember back in '89 we had-20 real temp . Normal low was above -5. I had a carburated 454 in my truck. They vynal seat cracked when I sat on it, the shocks/ springs were froze solid,the battery cracked and it blew a freeze plug. It took 2 days to get it warmed up and started. I had a back up to get to work... '87 Honda TRX 250. That was a cold ride
  • hamman said thank you

#54 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 08:15 AM

-4° this morning here, coldest of the year, I hope!

• hamman said thank you

#55 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 12:06 PM

-32C this a.m. but the sun is shining. When I moved the truck so I could blow snow the tires were squared off, but went back to round by the time I got it to the shop.  The J.D.4040 is in the shop, plugged in and cozy. The little weasel that lives in the shop on mouse patrol was unimpressed with me showing up---- I'm pretty sure he had been sitting up on top of the tractor toasting his toes,  lol.

#56 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,578 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 09:38 AM

Got up this morning and the thermometer said it got down to -29* here last night. Now I'm a Michigan boy. born and raised. I've lived in Wyoming for a while and it had gotten cold there, but not like this for as long. Out there it's supposed to be cold. Here it's supposed to be cold and then head back north to Canada. I'm putting in my request for the fans in America to be turned to the north and turned on to send this cold weather back to Canada and our great friends up there can deal with it for the rest of the winter. Sorry guys nothing against ya but it's time for this cold snap, a cold snap is only supposed to last a little while, this thing has hung on like venison chili fart in a small room. Oh well enough about global warming. Out to the garage to see if I can get the truck started to go get some more material to make some parts for another hitch for the Charlie , the Sears Custom 10 XL. Stay warm stay safe and spring will be here..............Not sure when but it will be here, I heard a bunch of snow birds are already thinking of heading back home soon so that to me signifies the coming of spring.

Roger.

• IamSherwood, MFDAC and oldedeeres have said thanks

#57 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Got up this morning and the thermometer said it got down to -29* here last night. Now I'm a Michigan boy. born and raised. I've lived in Wyoming for a while and it had gotten cold there, but not like this for as long. Out there it's supposed to be cold. Here it's supposed to be cold and then head back north to Canada. I'm putting in my request for the fans in America to be turned to the north and turned on to send this cold weather back to Canada and our great friends up there can deal with it for the rest of the winter. Sorry guys nothing against ya but it's time for this cold snap, a cold snap is only supposed to last a little while, this thing has hung on like venison chili fart in a small room. Oh well enough about global warming. Out to the garage to see if I can get the truck started to go get some more material to make some parts for another hitch for the Charlie , the Sears Custom 10 XL. Stay warm stay safe and spring will be here..............Not sure when but it will be here, I heard a bunch of snow birds are already thinking of heading back home soon so that to me signifies the coming of spring.

Roger.

Nice, real nice. See if we ever share anything with you guys, ever again.

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#58 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Roger.

It gets that frigid around here now and then but so far I think around -15*F is the coldest and that was Dec-Jan 30 day cold snap. It is still plenty cold getting to around 0-10F for lows but today got above freezing and tomorrow will too. Then back to the freezer for an undetermined amount of time.

This was hard to type though since I'm still laughing about the hang time of venison chili comment! I am going to steal that line!

Thanks for the laugh Roger! Oh I almost forgot to say that every fan I own is now pointed north, you ready to turn them on? Sorry Will!

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, February 23, 2015 - 07:21 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#59 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 09:41 PM

- 2 right now.

• hamman said thank you

#60 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 08:47 AM

-11°F here this morning. NOT normal for us. In fact, it's been two decades since it's been colder than that in York.