#46 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, but I do not hear the guys with Johnny buckets talking about that? Is it Tahoe that has posted pictures of his scoop on the craftsman?

Well, someone remembered me :D ,

and it's a  SEARS :poke: :thumbs:

I do have the home made front dump bucket, it actually looks built like Kenny's drawings. I bought it from a couple locals, mine was built using all scrap pieces and cobbled together. You can see between the 2nd and 3rd pics, I had to do some cutting and re-welding to make it work on my set up. I cut off a lot of junk they had on it to make it work better and it's an auto dump when it is lifted high enough to trip the lever on the upper winch arm. The PO's had a cable they pulled to trip it. The pivot has been a 3/8 or 1/2 bolt and I have beat on it pretty hard the last couple years and it's still going. Mine is lifted by a winch so no down pressure, but I can get it to dig a little if I hang some weight on frame. Sure has saved my back hauling mulch, rock,gravel, dirt, and goat poop!

Everyone complains about steering with one of these. Guess most of them have never driven an old car without power steering. Get it moving some and it steers okay, little heavy, but I don't try to turn when it's sitting still. Some thrust bearing may help a little, just haven't done it.  Would love a true FEL, but this works for now.

photobucket-7191-1358177140496.jpg

photobucket-10281-1358177293587.jpg

100_0954.jpg

100_0955.jpg

• Alc, KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#47 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the pics, Tahoe! Yours is really a simple setup.

Even though I am working on a rear mounted unit here, I have brainstorms on making the bucket a front mount also. If weather would cooperate, I might get something going on that!

• Alc and TAHOE have said thanks

#48 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:06 AM

I got some more drawn up in SketchUp. I'm taking it slow and noodling 'what if' a lot.

Screen Shot 02-24-15 at 09.39 AM.JPG

As I was doing this, I had another thought. If I build one of these, it will be used on the FF most likely. 'What if' I made/used the front blade mount to put this on the front?

Image060.jpg

I would have to make sure it rose high enough to dump correctly. But I may be able to make that work and use the hydraulics to lift it. Or I can use the boat trim cylinders & pump to raise it. Hmmmmmm? (Smoke coming out of the ears here!)

#49 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 05:05 PM

Thanks, Reg! I thought a 'stud' would be the way to go, nothing inside to catch dirt.

Ok, getting old. While cleaning out snow from the inside of the bucket......you guessed it. Bolt heads on the inside. So much for my memory and overthinking things. Sorry.
  • KennyP said thank you

#50 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 05:45 PM

No biggie! Since these will be 'owner option', I don't think that matters.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#51 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 03:58 PM

Tried something different for a drawing today. Never done an 'exploded view' before. See what you all think about this.

Explode 1.JPG

• IamSherwood, shorty, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#52 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 07:07 PM

Scope Tote that is used on the MTD 990, found it in one of the manuals.

033.JPG

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#53 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 357 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 09:46 PM

That looks like a very good addition to a set of drawing Kenny. It would definitely make putting a material list easier. I wish that I could do drawing like that for some of the projects that I do. The problem that I usually have is when drawing a planned project & start building it that previous plans do not work as good as I thought they would. So I usually build by experimenting until I find what works.

Charlie

• KennyP said thank you

#54 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 04:51 AM

Tried something different for a drawing today. Never done an 'exploded view' before. See what you all think about this.

attachicon.gifExplode 1.JPG

Expensive and time consuming. There are 84" of weld that doesn't need to be there.

Take the plate to a fabricator's and have it sheared and bent to the shape you need and then weld on the end plates.

The yellow bucket was a 4x8 sheet of 1/8" plate at 0930. At 2130, it was all together, including the 1/2 x 4" flat stock cutting edge but it still needed the mounts. It was painted the next afternoon. Bucket size is 54" wide, 22" deep, 22" tall, and 210 lb. Built for my MF1655 FEL. Fitting the curved end plates ate a bunch of time.

MF1655FEL033.jpg

The rusty bucket is the same as a stock 40" bucket for a Sears loader. It weighs 67 lb.

MF1655FEL039.jpg

Edited by TUDOR, February 28, 2015 - 04:54 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#55 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 06:39 AM

Bob, if I knew of such a place, I would look into it. Not any that I know of around these parts other than large business that would triple the cost.

#56 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 04:42 AM

Local knowledge is a major asset, and I had to look in the online yellow pages under Metal Fabricators and Machine Shops to find several possibilities. Make a few phone calls and ask if they can shear and bend 1/8" plate in a 4' width. Tulsa isn't that far away.

Some metals supply shops also offer the service. If you purchase the steel from them, they will often shear and bend to your specs for a nominal fee per cut or bend.

Edited by TUDOR, March 01, 2015 - 04:43 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#57 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 06:42 AM

I'll have to look into that when the $ are available.

#58 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 03:06 PM

Local knowledge is a major asset, and I had to look in the online yellow pages under Metal Fabricators and Machine Shops to find several possibilities. Make a few phone calls and ask if they can shear and bend 1/8" plate in a 4' width. Tulsa isn't that far away.

Some metals supply shops also offer the service. If you purchase the steel from them, they will often shear and bend to your specs for a nominal fee per cut or bend.

Kenny, there is a place over here in Ponca called MitchCo that can bend and/or break 1/8" plate.

• KennyP said thank you

#59 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 03:53 PM

Kinda far for me to go for that, but thanks!

#60 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted March 03, 2015 - 06:07 PM

Once the weather levels out, I have an idea for putting this on the front and use the boat trim cylinders for lifting it. That is if they might lift it loaded! Need to look into that also! It will be a slow lift as they do not work real fast. Time will tell!