#16 Gtractor ONLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,350 Thanks
  • 3,797 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:51 PM

The only way to make money at it [I feel] is to make customs. I know that really is not "saving" them but there is a huge demand for customs. Deeres and Masseys already look similar to their full size counterparts so a narrow front conversion and more tractor looking fenders and you are half way there. You just about have to put 16 or 18 inch rubber on the back to make them look right and with a verticle exhaust you have a miniature that someone would pay decent money for. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

#17 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,641 Thanks
  • 28,301 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 11:25 PM

As for your question about where to find GTs, simply scour the countryside. Take long Sunday drives with the Missus through the back roads. She will think you are just being nice, when all the time, in your devious mind you are on the hunt. If you want to talk further about the Art of Scrounging, simply PM me and I will be happy to expound on the George Method of finding junk.

:bigrofl: I was on my way to a jobsite, thinking how much I love this time of year... the snow is melting, the brush is dead, everything is gray & brown & lifeless... perfect conditions to see a GT sitting behind a garage or under a tarp back in the fencerow. :D

BTW, my wife is no longer fooled by Scenic Route detours. She knows it's just another excuse to look for more "Rusty Tractor Crap" (her words, not mine)