5 replies to this topic

#1 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 05:12 PM

A few years ago I built a custom H14. I took an H14 and put a Briggs twin 18HP L head engine in it. That tractor is one of the best tractors I have ever restored for snow blowing. I call it an 1856. I took videos of it in the Summer and Winter snow blowing.

Anyway I was thinking about doing another project. This time I'm toying with the idea of putting my Vanguard V twin 16HP engine from my 1669 into a tube frame tractor. It only has 620 hours on it and runs great. I am also wondering about putting the entire rear end including the Eaton 11 onto a tube frame. A few rough measurements tell me that the height is the same between the Eaton 10 rear end and the Eaton 11. The Eaton 11 rear end is wider which is ok. The Eaton 11 spins opposite of the Eaton 10 I believe I can change a plate inside to make it spin the opposite way.

There would be a lot of consideration as far as the driveline goes, treadle pedal linkages, brakes and mounting of the rear end if even possible. If I decide to do this it would be in the Spring. I can take pictures as I go about the project. Does anyone think this could be done?

• blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 05:36 PM

opposite rotation just needs engine turned around and run pto off the other side, say flywheel side?   That's how most other brands ended up with diff rotations and mowers blowing out other side and such, just engine turned around.  Think Eatons are directional and May have been built either way, but not sure can just be changed with out almost half of another one that goes right direction to be needed to do so. Seems too bothersome for me to try.

• Husky said thank you

#3 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Would probably make for an interesting swap. 

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#4 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 06:17 PM

opposite rotation just needs engine turned around and run pto off the other side, say flywheel side?   That's how most other brands ended up with diff rotations and mowers blowing out other side and such, just engine turned around.  Think Eatons are directional and May have been built either way, but not sure can just be changed with out almost half of another one that goes right direction to be needed to do so. Seems too bothersome for me to try.

I could put the engine in the other way but then all the attachments will spin the wrong way like they do on the Eliminators. Thanks for the feedback. I enjoy these projects so it is not a big deal for me, just another project that I can use around the yard.

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 08:08 PM

FRom what I have seen from your other projects,I know you will make it work just fine

#6 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Member No: 48806
  • 957 Thanks
  • 379 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 08:22 PM

You should theoretically be able to change the direction of the charge pump to achieve this. However, the linkage will likely be backwards for your hydro pedal, i.e. forward is reverse and reverse is forward. I saw this happen to a gentleman trying make a puller out of an HT20 with a 4 cyl engine. He ended up changing out the HT's Sundstrand pump with one from a QT16 and problem solved. Perhaps you'd be better finding/using an Eaton 11 out of an HT23. It will already be set up for the direction you want (runs off the engine PTO side) and will easily bolt into your 1669 transaxle. Good luck.