• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Coventry Plumber ONLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 09:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. I had a falling out with my parents and had no contact with them for five years . At the time it seemed like the right thing to do and I still do not believe it was by fault of mine but I would give anything to get them years back . Hopeful time will heal all wounds and things could smooth out for you. Let things cool down a bit. Good luck
  • LilysDad said thank you

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,652 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 09:23 PM

.  Definitely take the high road here.  Someday she may realize that you really do love her unconditionally and that you never, ever gave up on her.  I just feel that is extremely important to a child whatever the age.  May God work in this situation to bring eventual healing.

I guess I need to elaborate more.

My daughter is bulimic, alcoholic, and I'm guessing but I would say she has symtoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. In other words she is such a beautiful and lovely person until her evil darkside comes out.

About 8 or so years ago, she got drunk and beat her mother up; black eye split lip and trashed the house. Her son and daughter saw it happen. My granddaughter Jessie was 4, I think. The police came and arrested her. She was convicted and she still will not admit it was her fault. Nothing is ever her fault. She cut us out of her families life for several years and my relationship with Jessie was never the same. Then we picked up where we left off and gradually I let my guard down.

Funny! It actually was a disagreement about an undocumented inheritance that my wife received from her deceased brother that set this all off. . . a lousy $1200. My daughter just started making up wild accusations. Her mother was a liar and deceitful. And from there she started making up worse things. She doesn't blame me; she says she feels sorry for me for having to live with my wife.

I guess I better give my Psychiatrist a call, this is wearing me down. Has anyone tried snorting anti depressants?!!

edit: I forgot to mention, I just got back to Illinois this evening. I'm home!

Edited by LilysDad, February 19, 2015 - 09:28 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Borderline is one of those that's hard to wrap my head around. I have been around someone who has been diagnosed with the disease and I vasilate between thinking its real and thinking its a Dr prescribed, handy excuse for her awful and destructive behavior.
Now, I mean no disrespect by that toward your daughter, and just like people, no two cases of the disorder are the same... I'm just trying to express my experiences and show support.
Thankfully, it is someone I can distance myself from, wouldn't have a clue how to handle the disorder in a close relative.
Hope the family can find some healing, give it some time.

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 05:28 AM

I'm not sure any of us would know how to handle a situation like this unless it was given to us.  There's a reason for this and I'm convinced that God will use the situation for His good.  Thank you for opening up in such a personal way.  That couldn't have been an easy decision.  At least we can be more specific in what to pray for now.  Stay strong my friend.

#20 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:05 AM

I will say a prayer for your you and your family that strength will be with you all and for peace to bring you together. 

be strong and remember your GTTalk family has your back.

Geno

#21 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,652 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for all the support! I know some folks would say I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve. (Have I ever been known for saying too much?) But, I would expect anyone on here to speak up if it will help them.

• DougT, MH81, David Brown and 1 other said thanks