Sleeve hitch

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 06:10 PM

If the bones are too cold the body just dosen't want to move. Hope your feeling better soon. Since I mentioned that forge to Kenny I've been wanting to make another one. When I made my sleeve hitch for the MF 12 when heated it bent like butter. I'm looking forward to watching your project. I just may have to get a press brake then :)
  • hamman said thank you

#17 philips100 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4935
  • 72 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 10:18 AM

I made a sleeve hitch for my MF12G and was concerned about the round stock used where the hitch pin goes. I wanted to use tubing with a 1.125" diameter so that I would not have to worry about strength and wear later on. I didn't have much luck trying to drill and fit black pipe nipples in each other so I turned to McMaster Carr and found exactly what I wanted. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0592.JPG
  • 100_0593.JPG

• limebuzz, MH81, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#18 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted April 04, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hoping these pics will work. Had a problem with the card. Here is what I have for the sleeve hitch build.I tried to bend the steel on the press but the jack is bleeding down. I have a kit to rebuild it on the way. I ended up using the acetylene torch and the vise to bend it. Needed to apply a little more heat next time to bend it easier. As soon as it warms up again I will get out there and weld it up. I have tried it on the Homelite already and it fits and pins to it good. Here are the pictures.

1/4" X 2" X42" steel

Bent in the U shape and 5/8" and 1/2" holes drilled.

With the bolts installed, and nuts ready to be welded on.

Tube to be used for pin.

Thanks. More later after all the welding is done when it gets warmer.                                                                 Roger

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF9128.JPG

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#19 I Carey No Cash OFFLINE  

I Carey No Cash
  • Member No: 69506
  • 7 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:23 PM

I want to make a sleeve hitch for my 1250 cub and have been wondering about the legnth. Does it make a difference when pulling a plow or box grader if the implement is closer or farther away from the back of the tractor? Does it do something to how the weight is transferred?

#20 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,602 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:22 AM

The sleeve hitch should be at a factory length. Making it longer will make it harder to lift whatever is attached to it.

• TomLGT195 and I Carey No Cash have said thanks

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,357 Thanks
  • 3,127 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:32 AM

You want the mounting as close as will allow proper movement of the grader blade angling. Too long a hitch makes the front of the tractor light Too.
  • KennyP, TomLGT195 and I Carey No Cash have said thanks