32 replies to this topic

#31 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 08:18 AM

Just for something to chew on, any deadheaded pipe longer than 4 ft. is a good place for bacteria to start growing. In our facility the USDA informed us that pipes should be capped as close to the trunk line as possible. 

Now that I've cluttered your head with useless information maybe mine will have some free space.  :smilewink:

I never even thought of that part, I just thought of the fact that we have more potential for leaks.  I removed 2 bathrooms and rerouted lines for the laundry room.

This left a large amount of unneeded plumbing. 

Edited by toomanytoys84, February 18, 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#32 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 09:35 AM

At least you got hot water now! 

Don't feel bad, my BIL 3 month old dryer stopped heating. When installed, the guy put on an older 3 prong plug, but told htem if they ever needed warranty work, they would have to have the newer 4 prong on it to cover it. So I go over to install a new outlet and the new dryer cord so they could call repair man. As I am replacing wire, I noticed it feed from breaker box into a double fuse disconnect box. I checked it, fuse was blown. Had I just checked it from the beginning, wouldn't have had to run the new wiring.

I am so glad I went with PEX when I re-plumbed my house, man it's so much cheaper then copper and easier to work with.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#33 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 09:53 AM

Just for something to chew on, any deadheaded pipe longer than 4 ft. is a good place for bacteria to start growing.

You never want to smell the water that comes out of a sprinkler head that hasn't seen use in 30 yrs!
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you