• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,607 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Well, that was fun without a drill press. I managed to drill straight through both broken bolts and remove them without damaging the threads in the flywheel. My drill press is disassembled and stored until my shed is finished, and my Dewalt drill is at my parents, since I'm doing some work on their bathroom. The cheapo Black and Decker did the trick, though. Now to put the Allis back together for the next storm and firewood hauling.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150219_084856.jpg

Edited by classic, March 04, 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#17 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,607 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 11:40 AM

Well, it's warmer than it has been today, so I put the flywheel back on and put the tractor back together. We got three inches of snow, so I just got started clearing the driveway.I'm real glad to have the tractor back!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150304_113200.jpg

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 11:44 AM

Glad it's going for you again! There's more snow coming, so get more gas!

• classic said thank you

#19 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,607 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 05:10 PM

Thanks Kenny. It looks like we'll be getting less than an inch of snow in my area overnight, but south of me will be waking up to a mess. The bolts that sheared off in my flywheel loosened up before they broke, because I remember hearing a knocking noise when I would shut off the ignition. I thought it was coming from the BGB, so I didn't bother to look into it. When I pulled the engine, I checked the BGB and it had very little play, less than 1/8". Also, I don't think the bolts that broke were the correct ones, but I replaced them with the correct bolts from another flywheel assembly that I had on hand. I also replaced the flywheel nut, keeper, Key, and starter generator pulley. There is no more knocking noise when I kill the engine, so I'm happy with that!
  • KennyP said thank you

#20 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 05:34 PM

We are on the North edge of this also. That wind is nasty out there! It's 28° outside, but feels like 19°.  The wind cuts right on through! We only got a dusting here. With it being a 'dry' snow, I think it is just blowing right on by!

• classic said thank you