• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,470 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 08:32 AM

mowed the grass 3 days ago & will mow again in about 5 days or less , seen & touched snow once in the next state south of me ( New South Wales ) near Armadale town ,30 yrs ago there bouts 2 eldest girls were 3 & 2 then 

• KennyP, JDBrian and fogler12538 have said thanks

#17 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 09:46 AM

Snowing and blowing like mad here right now. It's supposed to turn to rain by noon then freeze up late this afternoon and go to -13C 11F overnight and stay there tomorrow. Looks like we will get close to a foot if it keeps up much longer. We had close to 6" down at 7am. We're up to our butts in snow and ice here. This quick change to rain and flash freeze will only make the ice worse. No thaw in sight for the next week at least. The cold should break sometime soon but with the unpredictable weather patterns lately who knows what will be next. At least the daylight hours are starting to get longer as we slog through February.

Looking at the reports, I was wondering what's happing to You!
No matter how bad things are somebody has it worse!

This is what I woke up to this morning.
image.jpg
I made one pass down to the street and the bolt holding the belt tensioner broke!
Joe
  • KennyP, JDBrian, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#18 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:27 AM

Looking at the reports, I was wondering what's happing to You!
No matter how bad things are somebody has it worse!
This is what I woke up to this morning.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
I made one pass down to the street and the bolt holding the belt tensioner broke!
Joe

That's a LOT of snow. At least your tractors had the sense to huddle together for warmth....
  • KennyP, Rock farmer, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#19 fogler12538 OFFLINE  

fogler12538
  • Member No: 59557
  • 254 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:32 AM

I can't believe it. Storm split went east and south of us. Will probable end up with 6", with high winds

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150215_103042.jpg

• Utah Smitty and Rock farmer have said thanks

#20 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,781 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:49 AM

I really do feel for the folks in the North & NorthEast part of the USA....

We have not had any plowable/blowable (if these are actual words) snow this season here in my county, although, there is 4 to 6 inches predicted for tonight & tomorrow.

I will report tomorrow!

• KennyP and fogler12538 have said thanks

#21 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:54 AM

All we ended up with here was a few inches , but the winds are sustained in the 20's with upper 30's gusts. They say tonight should be the coldest with wind chills going into the -20's.  :ah_shoot: Not fit to go outside for man or pets. 

Tom

• KennyP, EricR, Rock farmer and 1 other said thanks

#22 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,781 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Been watching the Weather Channel....Snow records have been broken in Boston for several different snows.

Calling for 12" in Nashville Tenn.

• Bud said thank you

#23 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 01:18 PM

Been watching the Weather Channel....Snow records have been broken in Boston for several different snows.
Calling for 12" in Nashville Tenn.

12 inches in Nashville would be a crippling disaster. The corporation I used to work for was based in a suberb (La Vergne).
And even an inch of snow would keep people from making it to work. Corporate people would not visit the office in Des Moines from November till April.

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 15, 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#24 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 06:43 AM

Something brought to my attention yesterday. A couple of days ago we had 62 degrees, on that day last year we had a -39 degrees. Thats a 101 degrees difference.
  • fogler12538 said thank you

#25 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 04:31 PM

Yesterday was weird. It was supposed to go to well above freezing then freeze again late in the afternoon. It was freezing rain for a while and I came up from the basement at 11am and the temp. seemed to be going down. In another half hour ir had fallen well below freezing so outside I went. I managed to push the blower to the top of the hill. With ice underneath and a couple inches of crusty icy snow on top it was spinning it's wheels a lot. The road was plower out and I got most of the heavy stuff blown out along with most of the driveway. I then got out the tractor and widened things out and pushed back the banks before they froze too hard. There was ice on top , heavy snow and ice pellets in the middle and slush on the bottom of this mess. It froze up pretty quick after being cleared. It took me about 2 hours to get it all sorted out. When I got done it was -8C 18F. By 4 o'clock it was -12C 10f and a wind was starting to blow. No blowing snow though because it was sealed under the ice. Good thing I didn't wait until late in the afternoon to clean up the snow. I might of had to get the loader bucket back on the tractor to move it. It would have been some good seat time though! My parents have been getting hit hard. They are North of me about 100miles and the house is in a field so they get big drifts. They had to stop clearing the front door because the snow banks were to high for them to deal with. They can't get a blower in there. My 5' tall mother can't see outside because the snow is almost to the top of the windows. They are staying positive though. Looks like more snow on the way for Thursday and it is still remaining much colder than normal here. WE are paying now for the mild December we had! 

• Bud, KennyP, EricR and 2 others have said thanks

#26 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 07:29 AM

A little more snow later today maybe 4" with wind and cold tomorrow to blow it around. On Sunday it is now supposed to rain and go to 7C 44F and remain above freezing until late Monday. That is going to cause a serious amount of water from the rain and snow melt. The city is a mess, with ice stuck to the road and it is rutted and potholed. When in town yesterday I saw a lot of stuck 2wd cars with 1 wheel down in a ice pothole, usually at intersections that weren't plowed properly when this all started. The rain may allow for enough melt to get rid of some of the snow banks and being a sunday it could allow for some cleanup by city crews. I'm afraid it's just going to make it really icy out here in the woods. It's not too bad now , rough, rutted, snow and ice covered roads, but if we end up with just the ice it's not going to be much fun. 

• KennyP and Rock farmer have said thanks

#27 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 09:56 AM

I have yet had a minute of seat time plowing snow this winter. My son has been off school every time so he has drive all cleared off. I was thankful yesterday too, when i got home it was almost dark and -10* wind chills. I'm not complaining for no seat time this year!!!

• EricR said thank you