35 replies to this topic

#31 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted August 08, 2015 - 09:01 PM

Did you get it back from the shop yet? Curious how it turned out.

#32 marylandgt20 OFFLINE  

marylandgt20
  • Member No: 67543
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 06:59 PM

hey shorty, I did get it back from the shop.  Im about $2500 into it now and here are some pics.  been so busy I have not cleaned it yet.

off the top of my head, here is what was done.  will check receipts later to see what I missed but shop owner was great and called me every step of the way.  just gave him the go ahead to replace everything that could or likely would need replacement in near future.

-new battery, tune up,

-all new custom made hydraulic lines,

-various new switches, sensors, etc (I had read these could be electrical nightmares and shop owner offered me option to replace a lot of these that happened to be tied into other things like safety on seat.  I replaced everything I could since my kids will all be using this)

-ignition switch

-motor had to be pulled for magneto, stator, solenoid )hope I got that right

-new tires after I sanded, primer and painted original wheels

-not in pic I added suicide knob on steering wheel for kids to be able to turn easier

ariens1.jpg

ariens2.jpg

ariens3.jpg

ariens4.jpg

ariens5.jpg

ariens6.jpg

ariens7.jpg

ariens8.jpg

Edited by marylandgt20, August 22, 2015 - 07:05 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#33 marylandgt20 OFFLINE  

marylandgt20
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Next I want to get the rototiller and maybe wheels weights or whatever else I will need to go with it and a front push blade. 

Other than that id like to do a full cosmetic restoration sometime in future as far as repainting everything i can but this likely wont happen soon

• shorty said thank you

#34 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 09:53 PM

Looks good with the new tires.

#35 marylandgt20 OFFLINE  

marylandgt20
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:56 PM

thanks, just replied to your pm also. 

If anyone needs any pics taken to see anything let me know and ill post them up

• shorty said thank you

#36 JiminRI OFFLINE  

JiminRI
  • Member No: 62914
  • 65 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Next I want to get the rototiller and maybe wheels weights or whatever else I will need to go with it and a front push blade. 

Other than that id like to do a full cosmetic restoration sometime in future as far as repainting everything i can but this likely wont happen soon

You can make your own wheel weights from tire lead. I cleaned the lead thoroughly and melted it into an old frying pan that fit nicely within my rear wheels. If you don't have a lead smelting pot you can actually heat the lead to near melting temperature in a closed gas grill and get it up to a melting temperature with a gas torch (leave it sitting in the grill until cool). It takes some time but is worth the effort. The lead is easy to drill out for wheel mounting. In my case I used about 35 pounds per wheel for a 1973 Sears SS-16 garden tractor. I also made plates the same way using an old square baking pan. Those are mounted on the rear (on the drawbar where a three point hitch is normally mounted). The cleaned lead looks good and will never rust!

Good luck,

JiminRI