• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ford Junky OFFLINE  

Ford Junky
  • Member No: 66252
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 01:55 PM

Hello all, new guy over here. I recently bought a HT20 that runs well but has no hydraulic function at all. I was told that it was the pin that goes through the input shaft and drives the charge pump as they had previously had problems with it. I changed out the pin and still have no functions. Any ideas out there before I have to tear into er farther?

Thanks in advance
Rod

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 02:44 PM

I don't know these tractors, but is there any buttons or levers to push in to allow you to push the tractor freewheel?  Maybe someone didn't put those back into drive position?  I've seen that happen on other brands?  Seems odd everything would go out??

#3 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Member No: 48806
  • 962 Thanks
  • 380 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 05:42 PM

Did the gerotor gears get reinstalled correctly in the charge pump? Also, did the charge pump cover get installed correctly? It is marked RH and LH. If all else fails, try rotating the pump cover. Check that the free wheel valve is turned all the way in (t-handle on the left side of the pump as sitting on the tractor).
  • Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 1 other said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 05:57 PM

Welcome to GTT. Check our Manuals Section for three free downloads per day. There is a shop manuals that covers those large frame tractors. That is a great tractor when you get it working right. Good Luck, Rick

#5 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 07:38 PM

The VERY first thing I would check was mentioned above: the T-handle on the left side of the charge pump. The Sundtrand hydrostatic transmission that came on your HT20 had that feature to allow you to free wheel the tractor when it died from some other problem. Without it, you would have to jack up the rear of the tractor to get it to move. Hydro tractors in general do not roll unless some provision is made for an effective "neutral".
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#6 Ford Junky OFFLINE  

Ford Junky
  • Member No: 66252
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 11:46 AM

Thanks guys, I will have a look at er based on your suggestions as soon as I can get back to where it is stored.sure do appreciate the advice.