13 replies to this topic

#1 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2015 - 04:06 PM

I really hate to do this but I am putting my 12H up for sale that I redid in the winter of 2011-2012.  Funds are low on my Case DC farm tractor project in memory of my son so something has to go.  Since the Case is more important to me than the 12 the 12's gotta go.

I refurbished it from the ground up.  It's not "restored", just rebuilt.  I took the dead HH120 Tecumseh out and put in a K301 Kohler out of a Cub Cadet.  It was cleaned, primed and repainted the correct MF color scheme.  The toolbox under the seat was sprayed with bedliner to keep it from rusting out again.  It has a new seat, new Deestone ags on the rear, custom vertical exhaust, new decals from Maple Hunter and a sleeve hitch I built from measurements of a factory MF hitch.  The large tank that was in it when I got it had to be removed to make room for the Kohler, so I put in a tank from a 10HP Kohler.  The headlight panel and hood were both cracked and bent and I straightened them and repaired them the best I could and installed new lights.  It's not factory correct but it is fully functional.

As for the blower, I sanded it down and gave it a quick coat of red paint that I had here.  It's not MF red.  I never got around to new decals on it.  I did put new bearings in the auger shaft and put new idler sprockets on the drive along with a new chain.  The bad part of the thrower is who ever had it before me bent the auger shaft and the chain goes from being really slack to extremely tight within one revolution of the auger.  I did not find this out till I tried to use it last season and it tore the chain off and broke the idler gears off their mounts.  Since I had the Cub Cadet  I did not do anymore with it figuring it would be fixed this season and that has just not happened.  So it will need some work to get it going.  

I also have some Agco flint grey metallic (about a half quart) and silver mist (about 3/4 of a quart) paint that I used to paint it.  I will send these along with as well for touch up purposes.  I no longer have the mower deck that it came with as it was pretty roached.  I do have the mower drive pulleys that mount onto the tractor frame and I believe the font pull frame for the mower deck as well that will go along.  I may have a few other odds and ends for it as well but I have to look.  Basically anything that's for it that I have will go with it.  If there is interest in it I will figure out exactly what all I do have for it here.

Now for price.  I do not know what the going rate is on the Massey 12H's.  I have almost $1,000 in the tractor and blower though.  I don't want to ask a ridiculous price for it, but I also don't wanna loose my shirt on it either.  I would like to get $850 for it.  If that is out of line I would be willing to take offer's as well.  Trying to get the most I can out of it though as the money is going towards my son's memorial tractor.

Here's some before and after pics of the tractor.  Thank's for looking

12h before #1.jpg

12h before #2.jpg

12h after #2.jpg

12h.jpg

• limebuzz, MH81, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted February 13, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Nice. But I can't get it. Noel
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 12:15 AM

I've seen this one in person. It is a nice looking tractor. The engine runs nice, has lots of power and it plows well.
  • IHCubGuy and sacsr have said thanks

#4 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 02:36 PM

Any interest at all?  Make an offer, the worst I can say is no.  I can bring it to PA plowday in April to get it in the transportation network if that helps at all.  If no interest it may end up on ebay.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 02:38 PM

I would have thought it would be sold by now!

#6 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 03:08 PM

I would have thought it would be sold by now!

Haven't had a single inquiry on it yet.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 04:05 PM

Maybe with us chatting here, someone will notice!

#8 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 513 Thanks
  • 589 posts

Posted February 18, 2015 - 11:46 AM

If I had the cash, and MF stuff were easier to find in my area, I would certainly be all over it.
  • limebuzz and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#9 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 05:32 PM

Will let it till friday for offers and to make my decision.  Then I am going to try elsewhere to sell it.  Any interest make an offer, worst I can say to it is no thank you.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 09:14 PM

I am sorry that it's a bad time for me $ wise.  I thought you did a very clean job on the repower.

Thanks for giving the guys a crack at it, hope you can find it a nice home.

#11 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Bumping my own post here.  Price drop on the 12H.  I will take $750 for it.  Same deal as previously noted.

• limebuzz said thank you

#12 davy OFFLINE  

davy
  • Member No: 80109
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 08:02 AM

Nice tractor hope someone will buy it. I would be interested but I am currently looking to sell a tractor because money is a little tight. You certainly did a nice job on it!

#13 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:48 PM

Nice tractor hope someone will buy it. I would be interested but I am currently looking to sell a tractor because money is a little tight. You certainly did a nice job on it!

Thank you very much.

#14 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:13 PM

Sold.  Thanks for looking.

• limebuzz said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sold