32 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,414 Thanks
  • 4,879 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:16 PM

Did you make your own bypass valves?

I may try to make my own when I get that far.

#32 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,040 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:28 PM

We just have 3 Ball valves that are used to direct the water different ways.

Water will flow directly into the tank.  Water will flow out of the tank through the return line.  Water will loop from incoming to the return line. by passing the tank

In the winter once the tank if full the water has to be shut off to the tank, and be diverted into the return line, so the water comes into the cabin, then right back out dumping into the French drain.  Otherwise it will just freeze somewhere.  It froze once and we could not find where.  It was froze way up in the hillside where the line comes out of the hill.  We honestly have no idea where the source is.  The piping was there filling a watering trough up on top the hill for cattle by the previous owners.

• Alc and TAHOE have said thanks

#33 Alc ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 02:32 PM

Today I took my mom to our old neighbor just a short distance from my house . She lived in her house since they built it in the early sixties . Never had a well only a cistern which is filled by the back half of the ranch style homes roof ,reasoning it doesn't get as dusty as the street side . She gets it filled some times maybe twice a year if there isn't enough rain . She uses bottle water for drinking but I'm sure there wasn't bottle water used years ago like our house across the street. That was our only water source too . The people who did drill wells have sulfer in the water ,it smells like rotten eggs . She gets it drained and cleaned every few years and the concrete lined walls repainted with a water proof paint when needed .
  • TAHOE said thank you