• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:20 PM

ok everyone i have a question about axles , I've got the rearend outta of a 100 and I noticed that the threads are a lil messed up , like somone crosthread them and put them on with a impact. I pulled a 104 in the garage that i picked up last summer to pull the axles out of it. I noticed after pulling the first axle out it has needle bearings in the housing. they are both course thread and as far as I'm sure the 100 housing has bronze bushings in it. i've always read that all narrow frame axles are the same but when I went threw some part numbers I found there is a few differnt numbers for them. my question is will the 104 axles fit directly in my 100? Actually I would like to switch out the housings since it already has bearings in it, I know its always better to have bearings vrses bushings.any info would be much apreciated. Thanks for reading this.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,646 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 12:23 PM

Wish I could help, but have no deep info for the Cub Cadets. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be along shortly.
  • Salatino said thank you

#3 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 04:26 PM

hey its cool , no big deal. thanks for the reply though. I did talk to brian miller and he told me they would fit . Now my next decision is should I go ahead and swap the cariers out anyways. I think I will since there set up for bearings. thanks again

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,646 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 07:45 PM

If Brian says they'll fit, then you can bank on it! And I vote a resounding YES to swap the carriers. Much better with true bearings.

#5 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 08:26 PM

Yes sir I agree ! Now if there was only a easier way of gettin them things off without takin the rearend out! lol but after climing under it I noticed it has a really good clutch disc in it & thicker driveshaft coupler in it. I was thinkin about tryin to get that thing to run sometime but hey I only got $100 in the tractore . Actually it was gonna be for parts but then thought about makin it run. Now I think I'll go with the ariginal plan. " parts " haha and yes the motor turns over nicely by hand.