Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Going to look a a JD model B, questions.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Fan is gear driven off the governor.  If the engine doesn't turn it will not either.  Sorry about the luck.  Maybe the rear is full of water and froze?

#17 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 03:41 PM

I'm not so set on the rear end being froze up, its a possibility the brakes are stuck.

Here's some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1424551097790.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424551143987.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424551193137.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424551232073.jpg

Edited by BillTheTractorMan, February 21, 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 04:08 PM

Wow, big pictures there!  Where is that chain hooked to Deere? Be careful pulling on front wheel pedestal, I have broken those on my MM's getting too rough.  Would think the bucket would need to be raised and blocked up?  It isn't That stuck in ground is it?

Is Deere too heavy at rear to lift back up with another loader tractor? Think the loader on Deere would kinda keep weight to front and lift easier?  Can't see if Massey has loader or not?  How about local car towing guy coming and lifting it up in back and pulling? Would have to have ability to drive around in  yard then.

#19 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 04:13 PM

If the brakes are frozen the outer drums won't turn I don't think you did bad for 800 these can get costly to rebuild though with the can over the exhaust it shouldn't be stuck bad unless like mine they left the oil drain plug out

#20 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 01:18 PM

Wow, big pictures there! Where is that chain hooked to Deere? Be careful pulling on front wheel pedestal, I have broken those on my MM's getting too rough. Would think the bucket would need to be raised and blocked up? It isn't That stuck in ground is it?
Is Deere too heavy at rear to lift back up with another loader tractor? Think the loader on Deere would kinda keep weight to front and lift easier? Can't see if Massey has loader or not? How about local car towing guy coming and lifting it up in back and pulling? Would have to have ability to drive around in yard then.

We hooked to the loader with the Oliver 770, I'm scrapping it so not too worried about damaging it further then it already is.

We had the bucket up on blocks while trying to pull it.

It's ok there until the ground starts to thaw, but I need it out of there before we leave ruts trying to get to it.

With weather like this I don't imagine getting it home anytime soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1424801817471.jpg

#21 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 09:00 PM

Got it moved this weekend engine and clutch were stuck, now free. Tomorrow I'm taking the loader off. Selling it Wednesday hopefully.

Need to figure out what oil this uses for the hydraulics.

Without that oil I'm looking at $200 alone in fluids for this thing.

Block is not cracked and I found it does have some coolant in it.

For what ever reason this forum is incredibly hard to upload images through tapatalk or I would have pictures.

#22 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 07:21 AM

You are correct on the year Bill, it is a 1950 B. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but if you're willing to put the time and money into it, these B's can be pretty nice little tractors. Good Luck on it, and keep us posted on your progress.  :thumbs: