#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,163 Thanks
  • 7,598 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 12:15 AM

Little Edie, was just looking at the posting with electric tractor. You build this tractor?  Seems odd to watch some work being done when no engine noise, heh! 

I see you have double direction pedal and such like on a hydro.  Is your motor running the hydro axle or is it ALL motor that changes speeds?

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,611 Thanks
  • 5,521 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 11:49 AM

Nice, do they come in larger sizes? Even if not two at a total lift capacity of 600 is pretty good.

I'm wondering if the bucket would act as a lever and actually magnify the force felt on the piston, reducing the effective load that the bucket could lift...

I've seen pictures of a cub cadet that had a home built FEL on it with electric actuators on both sides to lift arms, they were like 36" long. They were rated at 1000 or 1500 I think. The bad part is, the get quite expensive in longer and higher ratings and once you price it out, you can buy a hydro pumps and cyls for probably cheaper.

• MNGB said thank you

#18 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • Member No: 85877
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 01:25 PM

Ahh maybe it will be one of those things that get cheaper in time. I like the idea of not having to deal with hydraulics...

#19 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,575 Thanks
  • 1,135 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 08:30 PM

A thing to consider with using the electric actuator is the electrical demand if only used for short duration's probably no problem but if used longer they would tend to overload the electrical system of the tractor as most are only 15 amp charging systems so the battery could end up being low.  And no the actuators don't seem to be coming down in price just the opposite they seem to be going up.

I have a Sears dirt scoop on the front of the GT5000 that I converted the lift to an electrical actuator and it works great so its a possibility

Edited by MNGB, March 14, 2017 - 08:31 PM.

• TAHOE said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: power king, front end loader, diy