Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

It's not even Friday the threeteenth..........

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,578 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 07:43 PM

and already I have had a heck of a day. Still in the wood shop working n the cradle for the daughter and son in law. Had breakfast and headed to the shop, got some small things done and had to put a set screw back in the drive motor pulley on the table saw. It wouldn't fit properly as it was cross threading. I grabbed the work light from the wall and when I tried to turn it on the switch broke. Took it apart and lost a spring in it. Filled some hole in the wood to finish sand and dropped the glue bottle on the counter. Another mess to clean up. Said enough is enough for a while got back in the house had lunch and figured I would go to the hardware to look for the switch and the screws I need to assemble the cradle.  No switch and no screws. I did find the steel I need to make the sleeve hitch for the Homelite. Got back in the shop made the last finish sanding and was attempting to temporarily clamp it together, as I have done three times in the past by myself, and one of the clamps fell of and one end and one of the sides fell from the table onto the floor. As I bent down to pick up the one end i noticed the head end of the one side had smashed and cracked knocking a piece of of it. ^&*%$#)(#$@! !!  So now I have to try to repair the piece of wood so I can get it together in the next couple of days. I have a couple of GT projects that have to be done in the next few weeks also. Came home and said I was done for the day.

Wife made dinner and we got a text from the daughter saying the due date may be moved up a few days. Good news all is good but I wanted the cradle done for when we went down there. Now I am not a big fan of any Friday the threetenth and all that go with it. So I'm hoping the grand baby holds off until Saturday.

Oh and by the way I don't like black cats, no walking under ladders, no hats on tables and all that superstitious stuff. Well enough of that. Thanks for listening and letting me vent. Have a good night.                                                                            Roger.

• daytime dave, Gtractor, MH81 and 13 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 07:51 PM

What is even worse is that Friday the thirteenth is followed by Vallentines' Day. Sounds like you were just tired. Good Luck, Rick
  • hamman, tinbender7 and superaben have said thanks

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,104 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 08:21 PM

Your welcome for the listening. Most of us have days like yours. I guess my day on Friday is another snow storm. And my blower for the ford is still broke. May just get new pieces made to make a new impeller. Thinking about making a 5 blade instead of a 4 blade impeller. Shaft broke on the impeller and looks like next to impossible to get the 3/4 shaft out to put a new one in. Any way will see what happens. Thanks for listening, Noel
  • MH81, hamman, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 08:33 PM

Sounds like my day.

• hamman and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#5 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 08:35 PM

O so i am not the only one that has that kind of luck, mine is all Bad. I really feel for you , god i know what it  is like and if i can stop laughing long enought to finish this. I sorry it's not funny ......... O ya it is .Tomarrow  is another day , all will be good .And let us know when that grand baby arrives ..... Lots of pic. :thumbs:

Edited by Little Irish Men, February 10, 2015 - 08:38 PM.

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Had many of them days myself when everything hit the fan,maybe a goog day to waste a buck on a lottery ticket.

• hamman and HANKG have said thanks

#7 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 10:15 PM

Kinda normal sounding---LOL. Dang I never heard of the hat on the table deal----wonder how long it takes to forgive all those times-----

DAC

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,686 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 10:21 PM

Hat on a table?
  • hamman said thank you

#9 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,578 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 10:26 PM

My dad always told us that putting a hat on the table was bad luck. Ya gotta believe you dad don't ya?                                                        Roger

• MFDAC, Bill 76 and propane1 have said thanks

#10 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 08:40 AM

Had many days like that, your better off to just walk away on those days , and start out the next day. But if you're like the rest of us you keep plugging along , and think things will get better as the day goes by. Of course we all know what happen's when we keep going. Hope that everything goes along smoothly for you today.

• hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#11 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 10:17 AM

Some days it isn't even worth putting on pants.

• hamman said thank you