Garden Tractor Forums banner

Official Joke Thread

336K views 4K replies 135 participants last post by  Ingersoll224 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dad forwarded me this joke tonight and I got a good chuckle out of it so I though I would share.

---------------------------
A good laugh for people in the over 50 group !!!

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand kids could c ommunicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program within the texting world.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good relationship.
When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly fra nk, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them in with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look. I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do toot a lot."

P.S. I know some of you are not over 50. I sent it to you to allow you to forward it to those who are.

Us senior citizens don't need anymore gadgets. The tv remote and the garage door remote are about all we can handle.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
MH81 said:
I needed a smile, thank Grand for me. That was a good one, as soon as I get it printed out... I will share it with my Dad & Mom.
Why don't you just e-mail it to them

Sorry Buddy! I just couldn't resist!

#7 ·
Ok this is for you George - on another website there seemed to be a lot of people until 6 months ago wer convinced that 30,000 electric tractors fell from the sky with no engineering done , no marketing research, no timeframe of public intro etc . My head was hurting. This is a great site . Give us knobs switches ( pull or turn :D ) and a sratchpad or notebook. Still working on trip to NY. More later and pics but I am challenged there . Sparky

#9 ·
i understand how you feel, i live in a ''dead-zone'', thank god for that !!, matter of fact, im still learning how to operate the computer, forget cell phones,
trowel

#10 ·
Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Later, her husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. He became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The husband called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head.

When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered.

Linda is blonde, a Democrat, and voted for Obama, but that could all be a coincidence.

#14 ·
Good One George...In the Sidebar of the Latest forum Post the Word "JOKE" was NOT there & so you realy Got My Attention...Regarding it being a Coincidence.."Linda is blonde, a Democrat, and voted for Obama, but that could all be a coincidence" ....
all I can say is...What Brain?

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
The C.I.A. was taking applications. After going through the thousands they received, they got it narrowed down to 3 applicants who where told to come in with their wives for an interview.

The first applicant and his wife were called in for an interview. After some rather routine questions, the wife was asked to wait in the next room. The personnel director opened a desk drawer and pulled out a snub nosed .38. He told the applicant to follow his wife into the room next door and shoot her. He declined telling the agent he couldn't do that, he loved his wife. He was then promptly told he was not C.I.A. material.

The second applicant and his wife went through the same interview, and his wife was told to wait in the next room. Again, the snub nose was pulled from the desk and he was told to go shoot his wife. He picked up the revolver, walked over to the door, hung his head and returned to the desk. I can't shoot my wife, I love her he told the agent. Again, he was not C.I.A. material.

Applicant number three and his wife went through the interview, after, his wife was told to wait in the next room. The revolver again was brought out and he was told to go shoot his wife. He grabbed the gun, walked to the door and went through closing the door behind him. BANG!! The agents nodded to each other. BANG, BANG!! BANG BANG BANG!!! Then silence. The agents shook hands with each other. All of a sudden they heard the most terrible screams, banging and the sound of furniture breaking in the next room. Quickly, they ran to the door and went in to see the man standing over his dead, battered wife. "What the hell happened!!!" they asked him. Applicant three told them, "some jerk put blanks in the gun, I had to choke her!"

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gibby said:
The C.I.A. was taking applications. After going through the thousands they received, they got it narrowed down to 3 applicants who where told to come in with their wives for an interview.

The first applicant and his wife were called in for an interview. After some rather routine questions, the wife was asked to wait in the next room. The personnel director opened a desk drawer and pulled out a snub nosed .38. He told the applicant to follow his wife into the room next door and shoot her. He declined telling the agent he couldn't do that, he loved his wife. He was then promptly told he was not C.I.A. material.

The second applicant and his wife went through the same interview, and his wife was told to wait in the next room. Again, the snub nose was pulled from the desk and he was told to go shoot his wife. He picked up the revolver, walked over to the door, hung his head and returned to the desk. I can't shoot my wife, I love her he told the agent. Again, he was not C.I.A. material.

Applicant number three and his wife went through the interview, after, his wife was told to wait in the next room. The revolver again was brought out and he was told to go shoot his wife. He grabbed the gun, walked to the door and went through closing the door behind him. BANG!! The agents nodded to each other. BANG, BANG!! BANG BANG BANG!!! Then silence. The agents shook hands with each other. All of a sudden they heard the most terrible screams, banging and the sound of furniture breaking in the next room. Quickly, they ran to the door and went in to see the man standing over his dead, battered wife. "What the hell happened!!!" they asked him. Applicant three told them, "some jerk put blanks in the gun, I had to choke her!"
OMG, that is just wrong but funny LOL.

#18 ·
Guy walks into a bar, sits down and orders a beer. While there, he keeps hearing piano music. Seeing no speakers, jukebox, etc... He finally asks the barkeeper where the music was coming from.

The bartender shows the customer a bookshelf. On the third shelf was a foot tall guy playing a miniature piano. The little man asks if the customer has any requests. He said "no" and continued drinking his beer. Eventually the bartender comes back around and the customer says " Thats really cool! Where did you find him?"

The bartender goes into the back room and returns with a lamp, sits it down in front of the customer and instructs him to rub it. He does, and out pops a Genie. The genie loudly announces (with the dialect of someone hard of hearing) "Master, I grant you one wish". The guy says " That's easy! I want a Million Bucks". The genie snaps his fingers, disappears, and is replaced by a million Mallard Ducks.

The customer says indignantly "Hey, that's not what I wished for!!!".

The bartender looks at him and says " You think I asked for a 12 inch pianist?"

#22 ·
Ok, with all of the jokes getting posted lately figured it would be best to have an official joke thread.

Please keep them as clean as possible since this is a family oriented site.

Reactions: KennyP
#23 ·
a panda bear walks into a bar sits down and orders his meal.When he gets done eating he gets up and walks out ,on his way out he pulls a gun out of his fur and shoots the waitress,the bartender is livid and says what are you doing?the panda bear asks the bartender do you know what i am,the bartender says yes,the panda bear says go home and look me up in the dictionary,the bartender finds out a panda bear eats chutes and leaves

#26 ·
Gibby said:
Rated "G" clean, or is "PG-13" allowed?
I think PG-17 is allowable as long as they are not mean racist and no extremely foul language but the bad word filter will catch them anyway. Think of it this way, if you had teenage kids would you want them reading it? If not then it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

The bad thing is teenagers nowadays know more then what I do LOL.