#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 11:11 AM

Actually, it's a 1966 110. No further comments.

• Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7, Jack and 1 other said thanks

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 11:57 AM

No further comments.

:yeah_that:  :ditto:

Well, maybe one.

'Captain, we've achieved 40% efficiency on wind blockage!"

• johndeereelfman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#4 Bleeding Green OFFLINE  

Bleeding Green
  • Member No: 67202
  • 53 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 12:19 PM

So there is something wrong with this tractor? Is that price good? Is that lifting winch original?

Johndeereelfman, the listing says it's a 1963 model year, but you state that it's a 1966. How do you know that? Forgive me for asking, and I don't want to sound like I'm doubting you, as I'm not, but I am curious as to how you can know that with just looking at the pictures, or do you have an inside scoop? 

Is the enclosure original? I will be bold here and say that the enclosure looks kind of homemade and hideous. Sorry if I offended anyone. 

• tinbender7 said thank you

#5 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 01:12 PM

Johndeereelfman, the listing says it's a 1963 model year, but you state that it's a 1966. How do you know that? Forgive me for asking, and I don't want to sound like I'm doubting you, as I'm not, but I am curious as to how you can know that with just looking at the pictures, or do you have an inside scoop? 

Just a way of telling is transmission, engine, footrests, and front spindles.

• johndeereelfman and Bleeding Green have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,788 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 01:16 PM

That looks like one of the cabs for quads that SG was selling last year for real cheap. Good Luck, Rick

#7 dlang94 OFFLINE  

dlang94
  • Member No: 63471
  • 227 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:02 PM

I believe the 63 had a 7hp
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#8 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:03 PM

So there is something wrong with this tractor? Is that price good? Is that lifting winch original?

Is the enclosure original? I will be bold here and say that the enclosure looks kind of homemade and hideous. Sorry if I offended anyone. 

Rachel,

A little history first. 1963 and 1964 110's were the only years to have a steel, tubular front axle. This tractor has a cast front axle, thus eliminated this tractor as the stated 1963. The foot rests for this tractor are bolted onto the tractor, witch eliminated the 1967 110's, since 1967 was the only year offered with welded on foot rests. So now we are down to determining if the tractor is a 1965 or 1966 model year. Looking at the rear hitch, we can see it is sort of pointed. The pointed hitch was offered on 1966 and 1967 110's or 112's only. So that eliminated this tractor as being a 1965 model year, since the 1965 110 hitch isn't pointed, and was sort of a flat hitch. Without you knowing all of the details or differences, it's really hard to explain. However, when you get to studying the differences between all of these tractors, you'll learn what I'm talking about, and will better understand just how important they are in distinguishing the model year without even needing a serial number.

As for you price question, I don't like to give out value numbers, as tractors vary from different types of conditions, attachments, and necessities. This tractor seems to be in restorable condition, or probably wouldn't take much to fulfill your needs as is. However, the front lifting winch is not original to the tractor, and is a homemade setup, most likely due to not having the original lifting rod to operate the blade, or could be someone who just don't have the strength to lift the blade and decided to make things a little easier on himself. The cab or enclosure is not original either, and I agree that it could very well be made for an ATV of some sorts. Again, owner didn't like the cold or wind, so he did something about it without much expense. The wheel weights aren't original either to the tractor, however they were probably cheap at the local auction and the owner made due with what he could afford. In my opinion, the tractor is priced well over what it's worth, but I only say that since you are new and possibly looking for one to buy. 

If you want to know what an original cab looks like for these round fenders, either check out my photo gallery on my profile page, or view the gallery over on our other site, JD Fanatics. If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Troy

• Trav1s, dlang94 and Bleeding Green have said thanks

#9 Bleeding Green OFFLINE  

Bleeding Green
  • 53 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:17 PM

Thank you Troy for the insight. Maybe I should be directing all of my questions just to you, as you seem to know your stuff on these tractors. LOL! Good information to know. I really appreciate how you directed my questions without taking the risk of hurting anybody feelings, that shows respect. I'm sorry for making you feel like you had to disclose a value price that you didn't want to give.

I did view the gallery section over on JD Fanatics, and I saw two pictures of garden tractors with cabs, although I thought they were both the same tractor until I realized the different attachments on each. Let's just say, they look a whole lot better. If those are all of your tractors, very nice! I do have to ask though, where do you keep all of them?

Many Blessings,

Rachel

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:43 PM

Rachel,

If you want to ask your questions to me directly, that's fine, however I'd rather you ask them out in the open on here, so that others who may have the same questions, can follow along and learn as well. Thank you for the compliments, and I hope there's no hard feelings. 

• KennyP, Coventry Plumber and Bleeding Green have said thanks

#11 Bleeding Green OFFLINE  

Bleeding Green
  • 53 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 03:09 PM

No hard feelings at all Troy, are you kidding me? I really appreciate all of the information that were able to give so far, and just thought it might be better not to take up everyone else's reading time. Not sure how the site members feel about having a personal conversation on the website. I don't mind at all asking questions publically, especially if I can help others learn along the way.

Thanks again for the help, everybody. I'm sure as time goes along, I'll have more questions that need answers.

Many Blessings,

Rachel

• johndeereelfman and Coventry Plumber have said thanks