#16 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Jerome, who are you referring to,I think most of us have spelled out depends on shape,condition of tractor and attachments,and how it runs,I think that's fair assement,Im pretty sure he will look at it first before making the purchase,he's was asking our thoughts,

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, February 08, 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#17 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 04:34 PM

Jerome, who are you referring to,I think most of us have spelled out depends on shape,condition of tractor and attachments,and how it runs,I think that's fair assement,Im pretty sure he will look at it first before making the purchase,he's was asking our thoughts,

Not you Rick.  Only who gave out numbers not knowing what is truly there.   

I understand it depends on shape,condition of tractor and attachments but would you make a offer before seeing the stuff and get there to see it and it worth less then your offer?  Its pretty much what a whats it worth thread is a bunch of offers over the phone not knowing whats truly there.

I love helping but I will never be the guy who gave out a number on something I never seen only for the guy who I gave it to buy a pos not worth it my number. 

I don't have 69 Bolens tractors because I asked what there worth everytime I buy them. 

I don't look at it to resell I look at what I will need to put into it to make into what I want it to be.

Edited by wilberj, February 08, 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#18 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,682 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 05:44 PM

I did and I was just clarifying that these numbers are given out by people who have not seen it in person.   
Would you make offer on something without seeing it first?

If I remember correctly, I do believe he has, and he has a very rare Bolens to show for it.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#19 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 07:28 PM

... Would you make offer on something without seeing it first?  

I have indeed done that and more than once, and will most likely do it again.

In addition to the aforementioned tractor, I did it with a Haban 503 Flail-M0 ($200.00), a 514 Flail-Mo ($400.00), a Brinly Planter with 8 seed disks ($250.00), a Gannon Earthcavator for the tube frames(($200.00), a large frame Cab ($200.00), and $1,250.00 for a 1250 with a 415-A Haban Sickle-Mo with the provision that it was capable of loading itself on my trailer under it's own power.

The only item above that could be considered overpriced by anyone other than you on this forum might be the 1250, but I REALLY wanted 514 Sickle-Mo and a 15" tired tractor to put my Dual Wheel Kit on. I was prepared to take something of a hit on the tractor if that happened.  It tuned out that while it's ugly, the 1250 runs great, and I'm (the only person that really matters anyway) quite happy with the entire deal.

In fact, all of my offers, other than eBay auctions are made with the item being in as advertised conditions.

And, if you want to add icing on the cake, $22,500.00 for the HMS Rainmaker.  Anyone that has seen it can tell you it was a good deal.

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 08, 2015 - 07:30 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, blackjackjakexxix and Rock farmer have said thanks

#20 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 07:32 PM

Wow you guys must think I am a total nut for what I paid for my Dig-it 188t with no engine($1500+ as I recall)but hey thats what they go for in my area..I got a deal,could double my money now.

Edited by Auburn David, February 08, 2015 - 07:33 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and Oldford have said thanks

#21 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 09:12 PM

If your happy thats the guy you have to please IMO
  • MH81, OldBuzzard, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks