Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Total number of Ridemasters made as of right now.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:36 AM

As of right now total of all Ridemasters made of all modals is 6,981.   Bean cutlers total made is 6,346.   That is allot more then there was tri tracs allot more...     Grand total of 13,327....

• Bolens 1000 and LPBolens have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 11:23 AM

How did you arrive at those numbers?

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 11:35 AM

How did you arrive at those numbers?

Highest serial numbers I have of each modal added together I have a running serial number list.     

Edited by wilberj, February 07, 2015 - 11:36 AM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 11:44 AM

How many Tri-Tracs?

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 12:02 PM

How many Tri-Tracs?

I have seen numbers stated there was 3000, 3200, 3500, or 4000 David Bradley Tri Trac made. 

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 12:27 PM

Great Research !

#7 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 12:40 PM

I had no idea that many Bean Cutlers were made. They should be much more common than they seem to be.
  • Bolens 1000, Alc and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 12:46 PM

I had no idea that many Bean Cutlers were made. They should be much more common than they seem to be.

There very common out west I been working a deal on some out that way. The guy with them ran a landscaping company for years he said there is allot around his area.   

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#9 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 02:38 PM

Highest serial numbers I have of each modal added together I have a running serial number list.     

Jerome, Not to discredit your research, I think its great you have the interest. Just trying to help avoid some of the pitfalls of serial collecting. If we are gong to do history we should try to keep it as accurate as possible and document how we came about the info. In my 40+ years of researching early companies the most conistent thing is the inconsistencies. Just when you think you have something figured out, something else turns up and throws the whole deal out the window. Sometimes the factory didn't even do what they claimed they did. Sometimes parts manuals may give clues. Do you have proof that they started with number 1 or how the numbers were sequenced? Very few companies started the serials with the number 1. I've also seen instances where they changed the first number every year and started over whether they made that many units or not. What is the lowest number you have for each one? I'd say the Bean Cutler numbers are especially questionable when you look at the number of years they were made compared to the number of years the ridemaster.was produced. I was thinking they were only built 2 yrs or was that just FMC built? Was Bean building these tractors before the FMC buyout? I know they built a tractor that looked similar but with a single track in the front but don't think I've ever seen an ad from them for a wheeled tractor.. Would you feel comfortabe with creating a file with the known models and serial numbers. No need to post anyone's name or location, just tractor info. It would be interesting to see what you have collected.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#10 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Doug,

For the serial numbers, it's been pretty well established that the serial number for each production run for all of the Bean/Bolens equipment always started at 101.

The was done by looking at various parts manuals across the years.

There was a thread on that some time ago.

• DougT and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#11 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Doug,

For the serial numbers, it's been pretty well established that the serial number for each production run for all of the Bean/Bolens equipment always started at 101.

The was done by looking at various parts manuals across the years.

There was a thread on that some time ago.

Not all started at 101 The paper work you gave me shows that in some cases but mainly most did start with 101 

Ex- 1256-01 serial starting number 104001 but it does state that it replaces the 1225 who could of started at 101 or many other numbers.

Ex- 1886s-05 serial starting number was 1000

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#12 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 03:42 PM

VEEEERRRYYYY Interesting.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#13 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Jerome, Not to discredit your research, I think its great you have the interest. Just trying to help avoid some of the pitfalls of serial collecting. If we are gong to do history we should try to keep it as accurate as possible and document how we came about the info. In my 40+ years of researching early companies the most conistent thing is the inconsistencies. Just when you think you have something figured out, something else turns up and throws the whole deal out the window. Sometimes the factory didn't even do what they claimed they did. Sometimes parts manuals may give clues. Do you have proof that they started with number 1 or how the numbers were sequenced? Very few companies started the serials with the number 1. I've also seen instances where they changed the first number every year and started over whether they made that many units or not. What is the lowest number you have for each one? I'd say the Bean Cutler numbers are especially questionable when you look at the number of years they were made compared to the number of years the ridemaster.was produced. I was thinking they were only built 2 yrs or was that just FMC built? Was Bean building these tractors before the FMC buyout? I know they built a tractor that looked similar but with a single track in the front but don't think I've ever seen an ad from them for a wheeled tractor.. Would you feel comfortabe with creating a file with the known models and serial numbers. No need to post anyone's name or location, just tractor info. It would be interesting to see what you have collected.

Doug I understand your concerns and I am glad you bring them up. I have a file with all my numbers collected made up I gave out print outs of it to many Ridemaster collectors at Portland last fall.  If you like I'll be at Portland this year again we can get togather and can address your concerns when I hand you a up to date print out of the list.  Or you can talk to me over the phone because I would spend a week typing all the info out to address any of your concerns lol.   

#14 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 03:49 PM

VEEEERRRYYYY Interesting.

No info for any large frames before the 1886s-05 by the way or anything pre 1970 other then some odd stuff. 

#15 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 04:05 PM

I also found out the chainsaws do not start at 101 , the first few digits were the beginning of the machines model number.

Any info on the little Riders ? Would like to know more about the Green Brier I have which has a serial number in the 20 thousand range and that seems excessive for a 1 year model.....