• sacsr, Coventry Plumber and Auburn David have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 07:45 AM

Looks just like the one that Scott has in his yard.

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,522 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:10 AM

Be carefull Kenny. I heard several things about them years ago that warned me to stay away from them. Parts availability was a big thing and an inherent flaw that caused them to breakdown was the other. Besides, I only paid $5000 for my full size Ford TLB 30 years ago and it still works. It paid for itself when I put in our septic system, so I got to keep it. Good Luck, Rick

#4 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:40 AM

For $4200 over here, it would sell easily and be worth that 5 years from now, based on what I have seen in the past. You down side should not be more than $500 if you don't have to make any major replacements. The small Case bh usually sell for $4000-5000 range if not higher. I see he replaced the gas tank, I learned the hard way that gas cap needs to be covered. I covered the dash and seat, but not the gas cap when it was outside (before I built my lean to) and got water in the gas tank. A lot of the parts I have bought, I was able to get at the local auto stores. At one time, they had a bad reputation for charging a lot of their parts and the shipping and handling. I think they have stopped that. The back hoe is limited in how far it will swing left to right, that is the biggest thing I have seen so far. I bought this over a large one, because I could trailer this on my double axle trailer and pull it with my pickup/expedition. No brakes except the hand brake, I would prefer a foot brake when in tight areas and need a little finesse. If I had the space and ability to haul a larger tractor, I would prefer that option. But for what I needed it will do. Rick I am not sure what big design issue that you have heard of , but interested to know, so I can keep an eye out for it. If you look at some of my postings in Terramite section, I did have an issue with the coupling of the rear end to the hydraulic motor. This part was very expensive. At one point I think a guy had found another much cheaper source for that part, not sure if that is still the case. I used it rarely, so I can not say how well it will hold up under tougher conditions.

• KennyP, tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,649 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:43 AM

Be carefull Kenny. I heard several things about them years ago that warned me to stay away from them. Parts availability was a big thing and an inherent flaw that caused them to breakdown was the other. Besides, I only paid $5000 for my full size Ford TLB 30 years ago and it still works. It paid for itself when I put in our septic system, so I got to keep it. Good Luck, Rick

I ain't buying it!

• sacsr, tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,522 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:11 AM

For $4200 over here, it would sell easily and be worth that 5 years from now, based on what I have seen in the past. You down side should not be more than $500 if you don't have to make any major replacements. The small Case bh usually sell for $4000-5000 range if not higher. I see he replaced the gas tank, I learned the hard way that gas cap needs to be covered. I covered the dash and seat, but not the gas cap when it was outside (before I built my lean to) and got water in the gas tank. A lot of the parts I have bought, I was able to get at the local auto stores. At one time, they had a bad reputation for charging a lot of their parts and the shipping and handling. I think they have stopped that. The back hoe is limited in how far it will swing left to right, that is the biggest thing I have seen so far. I bought this over a large one, because I could trailer this on my double axle trailer and pull it with my pickup/expedition. No brakes except the hand brake, I would prefer a foot brake when in tight areas and need a little finesse. If I had the space and ability to haul a larger tractor, I would prefer that option. But for what I needed it will do. Rick I am not sure what big design issue that you have heard of , but interested to know, so I can keep an eye out for it. If you look at some of my postings in Terramite section, I did have an issue with the coupling of the rear end to the hydraulic motor. This part was very expensive. At one point I think a guy had found another much cheaper source for that part, not sure if that is still the case. I used it rarely, so I can not say how well it will hold up under tougher conditions.

I think it had to do with axle breaking but I can't remember for sure(front or back?). There was one of these little TLBs many years (30) ago that the rear end would break loose from the frame damaging the axle tubes. When that happened it was because we have so much rock here and the hydraulics were stronger than the frame and chassis. Keep all connections tight. Good Luck, Rick

• sacsr said thank you

#7 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 11:06 AM

I will stick with my Dig-it 188T(6018)..I looked at a terramite when I got the 188t(same guy had it)but there was just too many odd ball parts on it for my liking,I also didnt care for the off set steering.I will say thats a good price on it in my area.