4 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted February 06, 2015 - 10:49 PM

for some seat time with Ed and the blower. Seems the frigid cold is leaving for a few days and we are looking at 25+* for a couple of days. Got about an inch of snow today. Need to cleanup the drive and back walk but it has been to cold. With all the cold and not a lot of snow there hasn't been a lot of seat time. Pictures when I do get out there.

Meanwhile I have been busy in the wood shop. With the new grand baby on the way I committed to making a Heirloom Cradle form local pine trees we cut rough sawed and stickered for the last 12 years. I've been busy in getting this done. After milling and squaring the wood it decided to make a few curls and warps. I had to let it dry another two weeks to get it where I can use it. The project is coming along and I should have it done in a week or so. My wife and son have been helping me along the way. The shop I'm using is my friend and neighbors. I have it such a mess right now I'm glad he hasn't seen the shape his shop is in. Here are a few pictures.  Thanks for looking. Pics of seat time later on.                               

• Bud, Gtractor, Alc and 13 others have said thanks

#2 Gabriel OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 06, 2015 - 11:29 PM

Nice work!

• hamman said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,745 Thanks
  • 2,721 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:21 AM

Roger, I like it that you did it all from scratch nice job.
  • hamman said thank you

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,045 Thanks
  • 4,976 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:45 AM

Very nice! 

• hamman said thank you

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 09:13 AM

You chose a good design. Those ears at the end of the rockers will prevent rocking over. You might want to at least cut out another you know some one else will want one. I made one for my oldest daughter back in 76, rocked all three kids in it then the girls rocked their baby dolls in it...it's not very perdy anymore. Make sure you show us the finished pics.
  • hamman said thank you