#16 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,691 Thanks
  • 8,886 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 08:50 PM

What's the model # of the Briggs and how much ya wanna spend?
  • KennyP and cootertom have said thanks

#17 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 09:03 PM

I came here a while back thinking it was going to be boring but im still hanging around it nice learnign about all the different tractor and ideas rather than just one brand

• MH81, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#18 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,913 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 09:03 PM

One big extended family. This is the easiest tractor site to join up with. :thumbs:  And friendly.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#19 EricR OFFLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I'm into cubs BUT I love all the brands. Neat to learn about all of them and a very friendly site. 

• MH81, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#20 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 10:46 PM

I was on another forum called Hobby Talk, but left because all they wanted to do bicker and call names, left after I asked for advice on a problem with a push mower I had just bought and was told the problem was that I bought a used push mower at an auction instead of buying a new one, funny I thought that is wshgy we had these forums in the first place.

• MH81, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#21 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 01:26 AM

I love it here. I have been a big poster on a couple other forums too, but this IS HOME. I have been here possibly 4 years now?? (At least three, but not more than Loran's age lol)

I remember being younger and dumber, and the best thing to ever happen to me back then .... Was getting banned for saying it like it was "over there" (I was already in trouble for being myself) .... I may have made a couple of enemies back then, but at least I stood up for myself ....
(I was 18 at the time and some of my posts were misread / misinterpreted by others; no hard feelings)

My second stop I learned a lot about running a small forum (as Moderator / Forum fix it guy) .... And if you have good people, the forum runs itself. If you have a bad Admin, you spend much of your time fixing whatever he messed up .... And answering his "Hey Stupid!" emails .... And that sucks the fun right out of it. (a few members here know the story)

But having lived here the longest I must say I was met with a very warm welcome, and have made several good friends here. The first person here to welcome me was Alan, but it was after midnight so what could I expect lol. I swear I have witnessed a few member's children grow up to be somewhat respectable young adults and young child (right Alan :poke: )
  • MH81, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#22 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,032 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 05:00 AM

WOW is it realy such an issue,as far as I can see immaturity abounds everywhere.must be the fluoride!

• Auburn David said thank you

#23 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 07:17 AM

Well now Auburn, let that be a lesson to you. Stick your nose where it don't belong and that's what happens um um um.

• Bob IN and Auburn David have said thanks

#24 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 10:36 AM

I was a mod on a train forum which had a top notch reputation. Sadly it is gone now because of the death of the owner. I know what it takes to keep a respectable forum up & running. I also visited other GT forums for awhile & chose GTTalk home for many reasons we all know.
  • HANKG and Auburn David have said thanks

#25 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 11:01 AM

How did this site get started? I have not really thought about the origin until this topic popped up. just curious 

#26 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 12:19 PM

I think George our fearless leader AKA  Nutndun got po'ed by someone on another site correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by HANKG, February 04, 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#27 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,691 Thanks
  • 8,886 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 12:25 PM

How did this site get started? I have not really thought about the origin until this topic popped up. just curious

Ever seen the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey? Just like that.

#28 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 12:50 PM

never seen it. too young to go to the movies and it was too old by the time I got SAT TV.

I dont get into the scfi stuff anyway. I have only seen 1 star wars movie and cant name anyone from bsg

I will have to admit that I did watch Mystery Science Theater 3000, though

Edited by tater195, February 04, 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#29 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 04:48 PM

I came here after some shenanigans happened on what I thought (at the time) was the "only" forum of this kind on the web.

There was a "mass-banning" out of the blue of some long standing good members,  and it really lit up after one member in particular was banned, and the forum at large stuck up for this one particular member, and among the fire fight, more than one member there (who had already previously discovered this one)  said "screw it they will stay here, don't need that other site"

That was a couple years ago, after that I would only browse "over there" as a reference to threads that I remember  having been posted before the "problem"  without even signing in/  I will not mention names but there is one particular moderator that  mysteriously went "silent" during all the issues.... I suspect he had something to do with what happened over there.  

I do not see anything close to the issues here, that presented themselves on that site. So this became my #1 go to site for GT stuff, too.

Me too!

#30 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Yes agreed with everything said so far about this site! I can't contribute much or talk detailed about the in's and out's of the wide variety of tractors being discussed here. I am on some other unrelated forums too and this is the only one that seems to not have any super-ego know it alls bashing guys like me that really aren't into or able to be an expert on every detail. Just seems like sincere down to earth folks trying to be helpful and have some fun along the way too!

I think it will be 4 years of membership for me in July or August.

DAC

• Alc, EricR and Auburn David have said thanks