• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zuren OFFLINE  

zuren
  • Member No: 65629
  • 37 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 01:32 PM

A picture would be worth 1000 words but thought I would get this posted and add pics tonight.  I'm hoping someone familiar with Power King snowblowers can chime in.

I have the Power King single stage snowblower mounted on my 1618 with hydraulics.  On the rod that connects the blower hitch to the pivot arm (allowing me to lift the blower with the hydraulics), there is a spring over the rod.  This spring is captured between a hitch pin on the end of the rod and a metal block (attachment to the pivot arm) that can slide a little on the rod.  My assumption is that this spring is supposed to support the weight of the blower and provide some suspension when it is lifted.

My spring gets compressed flat, giving very little lift and zero suspension in the process.  Is my spring tired and in need of replacement or is this normal?  If this is true, do we know the spec for this spring?

I'll post some pics tonight!  Thanks!

Edited by zuren, February 03, 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 04:23 PM

I believe that is more of a "Shock" suppressor, more that any assist or such. There are more holes in rod and you can compress the spring tighter and push back washer and pin tighter.  Heavy object would just press spring tight, specially if not too tight to begin with.   There IS a spring for assist that mounts on that long lower arm of lift linkage pivot below the foor rest I belive, and goes back to rear of tractor? or is it opposite and to front? can't recall. It mounts to frame somewhere, not sure where. I've never had one, but do see them on epay at times. Think one is there now.  That just makes it easier for hydro to lift. Think it is really more for t he manual lift, so you do'n't need to be ARmstrong to use it.

#3 zuren OFFLINE  

zuren
  • Member No: 65629
  • 37 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted February 06, 2015 - 08:17 AM

Here are some pics.  You can see the spring on the end of the rod where half of it is 100% compressed.  The only reason the back half is not compressed is because of the hitch pin in the way.  I had to do this to get the blower to lift high enough. 

While I could reposition the spring down the arm, the root cause would still remain; the blower won't lift until I compress the spring fully.  Is it something I should fret over or does it not matter with a hydraulic lift?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2645.JPG
  • IMG_2646.JPG
  • IMG_2647.JPG