• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:06 AM

Seems like I remember a posting about how offers are automatically rejected based on some percentage value based on asking price. Don't know if that is for all e-bay or just some accounts. I'm really stretching memory here but I think the fellow in Michigan...check Joe's Outdoor Power, one of our sponsors, I think he posted about this a couple years back.

There is a guy on Ebay that has a pile of brand new ACDelco fuel pumps that fit the Kohler KT and magnum engines, nice piece. They are all metal instead of the plastic garbage you get from Kohler these days.  $49.99 is asking price + about $7 for shipping.

He has it listed with the choice to "make offer" so I did.  I offered $40 and before I could get my finger off the button, I got a rejection.

I offered $45 and was accepted just as fast. NO WAY the seller could have manually reviewed that offer "that" fast, even of he happened to be sitting at the computer waiting for me to put that offer in, So there must be something to that automatic thing.

I have made offers on other things though and had to wait a day or 2 for a reply.  so is this automatic percentage feature optional??

• panzersarebest and cootertom have said thanks

#17 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 11:01 AM

As said before yes as a seller you can set up offers to weed out lowballers you set the percentage of what you would accept
  • panzersarebest said thank you