• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 10:20 AM

well we finally got a decent snow storm. it amazes me the number of st@#&d people out there. I just spent the last 20 min watching my neighbour try to get out of his driveway, he has a mid size car and a full size snow drift (5 ft high and 25 ft long) he didn't shovel, just kept running the car into it, he finally gave up and backed into the garage, i am in the same situation, probably worse as my Lincoln towncar is buried to the roof. its still snowing so im in no rush, the roads have not been done and theres some really big drifts down the steet, I just dug a path to my dog run because the snow is 2-3 ft deep and my weiner dog and shuitsu would disappear never to be seen again until spring, that path filled in within 15 min. as its blowing hard, hopefully it will stop snowing and blowing this afternoon and I can get some seat time, this is the type of day when I get to play I have a 90hp skid steer with enclosed cab 8ft blade and a 10 ft bucket which is on it right now, just have to wait till the neighbour finishes shoveling before I go out, if he had been out there putting in an effort I would have gone out earlier just to help him but i'll let the Darwin principal go into effect as his wife has been a jerk to me

• Bolens 1000, massey driver, Gtractor and 10 others have said thanks

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:08 AM

Don't forget to take your cellphone with you in the skid steer.

Don't want to see you go through that trapped thing again. :thumbs:

it amazes me the number of st@#&d people out there. I just spent the last 20 min watching my neighbour try to get out of his driveway

Kinda fun watching that sort of stuff isn't it.

I get to watch a public boat launch all summer. Now that's a hoot.

Over the years I've seen 3 vehicles go for a swim, and countless

boats get launch without the hull plug in. That's always fun to watch

as the panic sets in.

Edited by IamSherwood, February 02, 2015 - 11:13 AM.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP, superaben and 5 others have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,751 Thanks
  • 7,523 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:18 AM

I hope it goes well for you. I'm waiting for late afternoon to go out with my Ford 2000 with a 5' bucket. It will take a couple of hours because a week ago we had almost 30" and the piles are huge. Rushing out there is a waste of time. We have wind too and I'll bet that tomorrow I'll have to plow again. Good Luck to All, Rick
  • massey driver, farmer john, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#4 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,448 Thanks
  • 1,600 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 12:47 PM

I've been out there plowing with the Allis Big Ten all morning, and I'll be back out there a little later to do it again. The snow was deeper than I expected, so it's almost pushing the tractor to it's limits.I'm plowing about 900 feet of driveway with this machine. Work called to tell me to stay home today. I'm getting more seat time in the winter than I get in the summer for the first time.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-02-02 18.53.26.jpg

Edited by classic, February 02, 2015 - 07:18 PM.

• boyscout862, EricR, farmer john and 2 others have said thanks

#5 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,104 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the the stories about people. I just love that stuff. I sit in the Tim Hortons parking lot to see what goes on with the parking. Any way, we are having a major snow storm tonite and into tomorrow. Noel
  • farmer john said thank you

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 12:41 PM

We got about 14 inches out here Saturday night and all day Sunday. I was out the lane (1/4 mile owner maintained) twice Sunday and the neighbor was out 3 times. Yesterday I was up at 6 am and the neighbor had been out the lane already with his polaris w/blade. and had, had his Kubota loader/backhoe subcompact out an pushed back the drifts. So all I had to do was my drive, and push back the drifts in my drive, it was about 4 below zero when I started the Ford at 7am. but at least there was little wind.
We are suppose to get 3 more snows this week. First is suppose to start about 2 pm this afternoon.
As much as i love seat time this may be more than I want in one week?

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 03, 2015 - 12:44 PM.

• KennyP, Cvans, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,751 Thanks
  • 7,523 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 10:34 PM

We got about 14 inches out here Saturday night and all day Sunday. I was out the lane (1/4 mile owner maintained) twice Sunday and the neighbor was out 3 times. Yesterday I was up at 6 am and the neighbor had been out the lane already with his polaris w/blade. and had, had his Kubota loader/backhoe subcompact out an pushed back the drifts. So all I had to do was my drive, and push back the drifts in my drive, it was about 4 below zero when I started the Ford at 7am. but at least there was little wind.
We are suppose to get 3 more snows this week. First is suppose to start about 2 pm this afternoon.
As much as i love seat time this may be more than I want in one week?

I've got 11 hours of seat time and atleast 4 hours of shovel time in the past week. We are supposed to get several inches tomorrow night and alot more Sunday night. I'm getting tired of it. Its a good life if you don't weaken. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP and farmer john have said thanks