• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 01:32 AM

WOW... just WOW

Overwhelmed... just about covers it...

Can ya'll divide up a million thanks???

Thank you all so much. Her name was Alice, and she lived a life worth dying for.
She was a great artist, in any media that she touched, from painting to sculpture...
miniature flower for doll houses to victorian teddy bears... beaded flowers and jewlery.

Not a famous artist, but she should have been. Her passion didn't have much to do
with money. For the most part, she was a realist... portriats of people and animals.
Her last dash was doing native american portraits from the old photos. Most was sold
on ebay over the years... she quite computers about two years ago.

I am an only child, (50 now), of a single parent. We've been through it all together...
good and bad. The last three or four months was rough... having to spend many hours
with her to help in any way... even when she didn't want help. Put my job on hold, but
luckily, that's not a problem.

She had a brain tumor for some years. Had a Gamma treatment done two years ago to
kill it and let it shrink eventually. Being the typical stubborn one about doctors, she didn't
go back for the one year check to see what's up. So, besides being diabetic, and having an
AFib heart condition, smoking for 60 years... the tumor didn't die. It grow some and was
pressing on her brain stem. The operation to remove it went well, but two days later there
was a massive heart attack... 200 beats per minute!!! They shocked her to stop the heart
and let it restart. It took five I-V's to control the heart after that. But, being off the blood
thinners for the operation... probably caused a stroke too. I was able to talk to her, but she
couldn't talk back with the respirator down her throat.

She was totally unresponsive for the last two days, and never opened her eyes again. When
it was time to remove the respirator, to let her breath on her own, it wasn't to be.

Had she somehow survived all that, she would have been in much worse shape after, with an
even more damaged heart than before... she was ready. We were ready too. And the love that
we understand... covers everything. If we switched places, it would be the same. I miss seeing
her, and the conversations we had... mostly spiritual for the past few years. Everything, from
Jesus to Buddha... native american to Islam... from the universal consciousness to reincarnation.
We explored all that and more.

This is not her end... we don't recognize an end to our being. In fact, we feel that it is more natural
to exist in a spirit form, than this human form. Death is certain, life is not. Even birth is not. And
as for God... well, we are always with the one, there cannot be a separation of the created from the

So, our acceptance of human death has been made long ago. I do not celebrate death, but rather life.
And this life, can only be gauged by the trueness of heart, to the self, and one to another. We're good
with that. My spirits are high... more than I expected. The kind words and thoughts... and feelings
from everyone here, is greatly received. And they reinforce my hope of this life... the human life.

Thank you all again

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1013.jpg
  • 100_1040.jpg
  • 100_1012.jpg
  • 100_1020.jpg
  • 100_1024.jpg

Edited by justwalt, March 08, 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#18 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:58 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's passing.

#19 powerking56 OFFLINE  

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Very sorry for your loss, wonderful tribute you wrote.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,682 Thanks
  • 28,328 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 08:40 PM

Very gifted woman. Not only with art, but with childrearing also. My hat's off to her.

As for you Walt, wonderful outlook on life and afterlife. Just so you know, you may not have her talents with brush & canvas,
but you have painted a very vivid picture of her for us... Thank you.

#21 justwalt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks guys, here's a couple more...

the flowers are made of beads,
and the cowboy is myself, 15 years ago

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1021.jpg
  • 100_1025.jpg