My boss was kind enough to let me use our shop to work on my Case 155 over the weekend. So Friday I hauled the Case to the shop and pushed it inside to thaw out lol. Saturday morning started with a trip to Napa so I could buy 3 gallons of 15w40 oil for the drive system. Then it was off to work, but not to actually work lol.
I started by draining what was left of the old drive system oil incase there would have been water in it. The small amount of oil that came out was clean and clear so that was a bonus. Next I dumped two gallons of new oil in and moved to the next area.
For some reason mud wasps thought the inside of the started push button was a good place to call home. When I first tried to use the button nothing would happen. So I disassembled it, cleaned the contacts really good, reassembled it and bolted it back onto the dash. After that was fixed I found the engine had no spark.
First place I looked was the points. I cleaned the up real nice and still had nothing. I made a quick trip to the local OPE shop for a new condenser and after installing it I had good spark.
I had the engine running on carb cleaner for a few seconds. After I knew the engine would run I decided to pull the carb bowl to see if it would be good to go or need cleaned. Well the carb broke for some reason, luckily there where a few spares laying around at work so I borrowed one and got the engine to run on gas. That was the end of Day 1
Day 2 started with replacing 3 tires so the tractor could stand on all four corners.
Then it was on to tuning the carb. Yesterday I got it to where the engine would run but it would only run rough and die if the throttle was changed.
Now it was time to take it for a drive which I had been looking forward too. It runs good now and I really like the hydraulic drive system with the hi/lo speeds.
I still have more work to do but it's great to here the engine run again after it was left for dead as a piece of yard art.