Some of you may remember i've been looking for something w/hydro lift for the front blade. I checked out a couple rough Ariens and a Deere that cost too much. Then this Case popped up. I normally don't like long distance deals but this turned out to be a good trip.
I got it the day before the blizzard last week. Ad said "runs great," price was ok, hour and a half away. Pic showed it mounted with weights, chains, and a mower deck, with a caster off to the side. It was in a garage and the helper changed out the deck for the blower. It ran rough but everything worked and i drove it on the trailer. I didn't bother trying to dicker, the guy said he did a favor for a friend and was losing money on the deal so i let it roll. When i got home it took me an hour on the trailer to get it running so i could drive it off, but that's another story.
After changing all fluids and the old gas, rebuilding the carb, lubing everything up, new battery & blower belt, etc, it started and idled fine but wouldn't rev up. By now there was a foot of snow piling up outside and still coming down, so i parked it in the corner and spent the next day running my plows.
Well the shop had put on a new coil and points (lost the cover) so i tore into that next. Cleaned and regapped the points, no change. Then noticed they put the condensor on the positive side. Switched it to the negative post and it runs like a top. Fine-tuned the carb, slapped on a points cover, and put it to work. That little 10 horse snowcaster really works, with hydro lift it is much easier on my body than manual lifting a 4' blade. No more hours building snow ramps, it just eats right through the banks, berms, drifts. Now the Ford is on backup duty, cleaning up behind the Case.
Here is a pic, behind it you can see what came off the roof, the Case tunneled through it no problem, then i got off the tractor, knocked down the overhang, and blew the rest over the fence.
That's it for now, will post up some more pics later