• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 05:42 PM

The filter / regulators came today. They are 1/2". The seller described them as 1/4" and I think that is why they didn't get bid real high. Anyway here are a couple pics. I am extremely happy and glad I got two more.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1299883341275.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1299883363799.jpg

#32 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 12, 2011 - 09:11 PM

I got a chance today to do some more on the air piping. I also had a 3/4" flexible line made up as suggested. I had to make some metal brackets to weld on to the middle bay support pop so I had a place to bolt the one filter / regulator.

I also got the filter and regulator put on the drop for the sandblaster. I still have to mount it to the wall though.

Here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1299982189523.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1299982229739.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1299982256275.jpg

#33 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 12, 2011 - 09:22 PM

George , It looks good Buddy, Glad you got some more done on it...

#34 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 12, 2011 - 09:30 PM

Those are some nice traps/oiler! I know when I get new ones they will be higher end like yours. I'll NEVER buy Harbor Freight traps/oilers ever again. Last 2 I got there cracked the oiler reservoirs as soon as I put pressure to them. The first one I took back for another one & it's holding still. The last one is back in the box, but I never got around to taking it back. Cheap doesn't always pan out, and in regulators, water traps, & oilers, it's certainly the case.

#35 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2011 - 07:53 AM

Those are some nice traps/oiler! I know when I get new ones they will be higher end like yours. I'll NEVER buy Harbor Freight traps/oilers ever again. Last 2 I got there cracked the oiler reservoirs as soon as I put pressure to them. The first one I took back for another one & it's holding still. The last one is back in the box, but I never got around to taking it back. Cheap doesn't always pan out, and in regulators, water traps, & oilers, it's certainly the case.

If I wouldn't have gotten the deal I got on those I would have gone the route of the Harbor Freight or Campell Housefield ones. Even the CH ones at lowes for the combo filter / regulator were $136 and it didn't have a lube. I got the Wikersons for $76 each and I am happy I found them.

I just need the smaller pulley for the motor to get here tomorrow and get the final settings on the pressure switch and the constant run unloader and it should be good to go. I gotta take some amperage measurements with the new pulley and make sure it is where it is suppose to be.