wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Everything is in between that bay and the next bay. Don't move anything just to take pics, just do my best to not include what isn't needed in the pics :ass:

You must not want us shopping for tractors and parts in your shop...... lol

#17 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:36 PM

I also agree about the flexable airline ,tractor supply has them for around 20 bucks in 3/4" a coupler on each end and your in business ,I have had mine from tsc for about 2 yrs no cracks or leaks yet its the 3ft version the 1 ft version is a tad cheaper

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 05:42 AM

I also agree about the flexable airline ,tractor supply has them for around 20 bucks in 3/4" a coupler on each end and your in business ,I have had mine from tsc for about 2 yrs no cracks or leaks yet its the 3ft version the 1 ft version is a tad cheaper

I will check it out. I could use the one foot version to come right off the tank before it goes up the wall.

#19 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 10:36 PM

thats what I would do ,I am adding the links over here since the topic is airline installation,these are perfect topics for stickies and may save alot of questions or may raise some
really just to give a perspective to people so they know whats entailed ,probably should have posted them in my 1st post
http://www.tptools.c...ing-diagram.pdf

Air Piping Layout

and I sure dont blame you for hiding your stuff in photos:shoot2::blowingup: it is the WWW
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#20 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'll 3rd or 4th the motion on some sort of flex line, you don't wan't a fatigue crack to ruin your best pair of undies when you least expext it.
Your piping job looks real nice, I can't tell from the pics if you have the 25' minimum, but if your going to put a filter/regulator at each point of use you shouldn't have any problems unless it gets real humid where your at.
I would however recomend replacing the driplegs with galvanized pipe. And more importantly, get auto drain filters!!!
And lasty, I'll remind you, you'll be very happy if you plumb the air intake away from the workspace. I put mine up into the loft of my barn/workshed, my shop has it outside with a little rain/snow hood over them. It's a lot less noise, and it will be pulling in cleaner/cooler air, better for your filter life and better for your pump.

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 06:06 AM

I do like the idea of piping the air filter to the outside, I noticed in the manual that I would need a surge tank if the filter is piped away.

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:41 AM

I just bought a Wilkerson combo filter / reg / lube on ebay. NEW WILKERSON REGULATOR-LUBER-FILTER - eBay (item 380320898367 end time Mar-08-11 07:31:20 PST)

He had it listed as being 1/4" but according to the F28, R28, and L28 and the combo model number C28-04-FKG0 it is a minimum of 3/8" NPT according to Wikersons website. If you do a model number search on google, Grainger has it and it is this item: Filter, Regulator, Lube - Filter, Regulator, Lubricator - Compressed Air Treatment - Pneumatics & Hydraulics : Grainger Industrial Supply

I think they goofed by measuring the gauge port and not the actual input port. I am planning on putting this on the middle bay drop. I will put just a regulator/filter at the garage door drop and I will do a regulator/filter at the sandblast cabinet along with another filter of some sort.

#23 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:43 AM

I can't tell from the pics if you have the 25' minimum

It is approx 33' to the first drop and about 47' to the sandblast cabinet drop.

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 03:34 PM

The filter / reg / lube combo I bought, the seller had in his description that if it sold that he had other ones to list. So since I got a $326 combo unit for $76, I sent him an email asking if he had more and he replied that he had four more besides the one I had bought. So I told him I would take two more. I will remove the lube pieces and sell them which will pay for one of the combo units. I only want lube on one station which is the one in the middle bay because the work table will be going right by that pole. Plus when working on cars and the tractors and using the air tools it will all be done from that station.

The drop that is going at the front of the garage will be used to air up tires and to supply air to the pot sandblaster so I only need a regulator and filter for that one.

#25 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 01:37 AM

Your gonna have everyone here waiting in line to work on stuff at your place. lol
Make sure you have dedicated hoses, once you use one on the oiler don't ever use it for anything else.
  • NUTNDUN and Alc have said thanks

#26 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 11:42 AM

I don't know if you have an hose reel , but they are very handy to have . Also it might be handy to have some outlets that aren't connect to the regulators , my truck tires fill to 80psi so having that 145 psi+ air make filling easy.
Air Hose Reels at Harbor Freight Tools
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 12:15 PM

I don't know if you have an hose reel , but they are very handy to have . Also it might be handy to have some outlets that aren't connect to the regulators , my truck tires fill to 80psi so having that 145 psi+ air make filling easy.
Air Hose Reels at Harbor Freight Tools

I would like to get at least one hose reel, possibly two of them. When I run the drop to the front of the garage I can put two tees on it so one is on the regulator for the pot blaster and the other can be unregulated. Once I build or buy a sandblast cabinet that drop will be permanently hooked to it.

#28 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Your gonna have everyone here waiting in line to work on stuff at your place. lol
Make sure you have dedicated hoses, once you use one on the oiler don't ever use it for anything else.

Yes, definitely don't want to mix the hoses. The oil will never come out, even if you used an oil filter on it.

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 12:19 PM

If anyone else is interested in one of those filter / reg / lube combos the guy re-listed one of the other two he had left.

#30 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 11:33 PM

I have one of those Hose reels. I mounted on the end of my little shed for my use, but also for the neighbor kids to get air in their bike tires. I leave a gauge out there with it. 2 yrs & it hasn't disappeared yet.

Side note. I'll be having to replace it this or next year. The sun is starting to have it's way with the rubber, but it's been great to have handy on the outside. Will mount the next one right where the last one was.