• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:27 PM

Well, I figured the other thread had gone on long enough and since the compressor is running now. Other then needing to get a smaller pulley for the motor to drop the amp load down a little so we can wire up the overload relay the compressor is done.

Now it is time to do all of the air piping. Between yesterday and today and three trips to Lowes we pretty much got all of the piping done. At least the main lines are done. I still need to get a filter and regulator for the middle bay/workbench line, and the line for the sandblaster is ran down the wall but capped off for now.

I still have some supports to put in. Mainly the drain line and sandblaster line need to be fastened to the wall yet. Once I figure out which filter / regulator I am going to get I will make a block to weld to the metal support post to bolt the filter / regulator assembly to.

Where the line for the middle bay goes over the main support I-beam I put a tee in there for a future line to go to the front of the garage. All the line is 3/4" except for where the lines go up 8" and back down they are 1/2".

Here are the pics :D

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0256.jpg
  • DSC_0252.jpg
  • DSC_0249.jpg
  • DSC_0251.jpg
  • DSC_0254.jpg
  • DSC_0250.jpg
  • DSC_0257.jpg
  • DSC_0248.jpg
  • DSC_0255.jpg
  • DSC_0253.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:49 PM

Nice piping. I was afraid you were going to ask more opinions lol.

#3 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:34 PM

good job 3/4 mains and 1/2 drops is fine for what you have going on ,,I remember all the trips back and forth even with a list and checking it twice ,I still managed to forget little stuff LOL I bet your glad its coming together

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:29 PM

good job 3/4 mains and 1/2 drops is fine for what you have going on ,,I remember all the trips back and forth even with a list and checking it twice ,I still managed to forget little stuff LOL I bet your glad its coming together

I am glad most of it is done now other then the little things. I want to get the last of the hangers up and all the unions tight so we don't have to do anymore ladder work. Then I can start concentrating on what to do for a sandblaster.

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:34 PM

I am going to throw Alc into the mix with a suggestion he was thinking of that I agreed with, so sorry Alc lol. He thinks you should use a flexible air line between the air compressor and the piping system because that air compressor is going to vibrate.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:37 PM

I am going to throw Alc into the mix with a suggestion he was thinking of that I agreed with, so sorry Alc lol. He thinks you should use a flexible air line between the air compressor and the piping system because that air compressor is going to vibrate.

Are you a translator now too? LOL

The flexible air line from the compressor to the first leg probably isn't a bad idea. The pipe has plenty of room to move with the vibration.

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:49 PM

Are you a translator now too? LOL

The flexible air line from the compressor to the first leg probably isn't a bad idea. The pipe has plenty of room to move with the vibration.

Translator: NO
Snitch: Mabey LOL

I think you could develop loose fittings, air leaks, or just be able to feel the pipe vibrating on the other side of the room if you dont add flex line. :D

#8 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:58 PM

George are planning on quitting your day job to work on GTs?
First you move into a place with a nice big shop, them build a monster electrolysis tank, then put together a kick xxx air compressor, what's next?

Edited by DH1, March 07, 2011 - 08:21 AM.
spelling

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:26 PM

George are planning on quitting your day job to work on GTs?
First you move into a place with a nice big shop, them build a monster electrolysis tank, the put together a kick xxx air compressor, what's next?

LOL, the monster electrolysis tank was a bust at least for now. I have always wanted a larger air compressor because for the last 10 years I have always had to wait on my old one. With us working 45 minutes away and having three kids it makes for little time to get stuff done in the shop. I just want to get everything setup to where I can just go out there for a little while and get stuff done. I can't wait to have the sandblaster done, then when we decide to restore one it is all right there.

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:29 PM

Mabey I will drop one of my tractors off at your shop for a restoration. :D

#11 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:33 PM

LOL, the monster electrolysis tank was a bust at least for now. I have always wanted a larger air compressor because for the last 10 years I have always had to wait on my old one. With us working 45 minutes away and having three kids it makes for little time to get stuff done in the shop. I just want to get everything setup to where I can just go out there for a little while and get stuff done. I can't wait to have the sandblaster done, then when we decide to restore one it is all right there.

I hear ya, I was just teasing, I have a big garage too that has slowly filled up, now I working on cleaning it out,down sizing so if I come across something interesting I got space to work on it.

#12 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:14 PM

How come your shop is so clean?

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:21 PM

How come your shop is so clean?

It's not that it is clean, it is just that everything is moved out of the way :D

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:24 PM

It's not that it is clean, it is just that everything is moved out of the way :D

Out as in under tarp? or out as in you move everything to one side, take those pics, then move everything to the other side and take those pics LOL.

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:28 PM

Everything is in between that bay and the next bay. Don't move anything just to take pics, just do my best to not include what isn't needed in the pics :ass: