Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What model snow blower fits

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,315 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 12:00 PM

I found a snow blower for a Wheelhorse tractor on Craigslist at a really good price.  The first issue is, the guy didn't list the model number in the ad.  The second bigger issue is, he didn't put any way to make contact in the ad.  All I know is that it's a 42" blower.  Now, I have a classic 315-8.  I don't have the exact model number from the tag because it winters up at my dads and takes care of his snow.  I can get the model number later today if we really need it.  The book says model number 73450-220000001 & up if that helps.  I need to know what model snow blower(s) would work on this tractor in the event I get a hold of this guy to find out what he has.  Can anyone help me with a list?

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 01:50 PM

Drop over to the Red Square and ask those guys. If you have a Horse, you should have that on your forum list anyway. I would bet the older ones will fit many models, but yours is later model and not real sure about those.

• David Brown said thank you

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,315 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 04:35 PM

but yours is later model and not real sure about those.

Well, it is a later model but it's built like the older ones. Basically the same as a 314-8. The more I look at it the more I think it will work. We'll see if he even posts a way to respond.

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,772 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 04:44 PM

My experience has been that many times when there is no contact info, its because they have committed to selling. They then just remove the contact info and let it sit. This has annoyed me many times. Good Luck, Rick

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Not a Horse Junkie, but from my experience, almost all the attachments can be adapted. Something in the back of my head says there is a year that stuff won't cross over like pre/post '94. Hope a horse guy confirms.

As for contact, CL should have a way. In my experience, Under the reply button, there is either a ph nm, email, or a place to click if neither and CLwill email

My 42" blower is a snow eating machine. BTW

#6 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hi Jeff
Where's the blower located
Mike

#7 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,315 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 07:04 PM

Not a Horse Junkie, but from my experience, almost all the attachments can be adapted. Something in the back of my head says there is a year that stuff won't cross over like pre/post '94. Hope a horse guy confirms.

As for contact, CL should have a way. In my experience, Under the reply button, there is either a ph nm, email, or a place to click if neither and CLwill email

My 42" blower is a snow eating machine. BTW

Problem is there's nothing under the reply button. There's nothing anywhere.

#8 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,315 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hi Jeff
Where's the blower located
Mike

Cheswick.

Edited by David Brown, January 31, 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#9 Racinbob OFFLINE  

Racinbob
  • Member No: 55951
  • 69 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 07:47 AM

A blower designed for the B/C series and 300/400/500 series will work fine. Be careful on the B series because they changed drastically in 78 and became lawn tractors at that time. Basically, if the model utilizes the front tach-a-matic mount you'll be good to go. That takes you back to the early 70's. Even the older units can be made to work but may require some simple modifications. Watch out for the blowers designed for the lighter duty lawn tractors but if you stick to the units made for the models I listed you'll be fine. Toros final designation for the true Wheel Horse design included the word Classic. I have a 2005 Classic GT that will accept all the attachments that my 76 C series used.

• David Brown, boyscout862 and jerseyhawg / glenn have said thanks