• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • Member No: 65961
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 01:15 AM

Newby here. been talking some in implements and Ford/Jac section. Wondering what you all think. I have a set of wheel weights that best I can tell are showing to be "flush" mount for an 8 in. wheel. I have a closed side Jac that is getting re-powered. (See pics) The issue is this, I think the fronts are 8's. (Haven't truly looked in a long time) I'm OK putting them on the front, because I want to add duals to the rear. Here's where I'm needing input: The weights don't fit as is. The spindle shaft is too long. Isn't the inside of the wheels a shorter spindle shaft and has anyone turned the wheels around that way? I know my stems will be on inside now, but I have seen them that way around here to protect from mesquite tree thorns anyway. Thoughts? Any and all. Thanks. P.S. The wheel weight is shown near left rear wheel.

Barry

FC2C5523-F7DF-4F85-9C83-EAADED34950D_zps

19B63C4B-E20E-4BF5-80E3-0A27BDC3BB29_zps

• rustyoldjunk and Oldford have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 06:14 AM

Maybe a look at the back side of that weight will help. Not sure on swapping the Ford wheel around if it would help.

• rustyoldjunk and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 11:15 AM

They come off real easy just a cotter pin.  If you wear those disposable rubber gloves, take a low chair or box to sit on, rag, pliers and a screw driver it's not a bad job.  Then you can see if it will work on your wheels.  My valve stems are all inside on the Ford and it's not a hassle, good luck

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 02:06 PM

You sure not a 6" wheel there?  Some wheels can turn around, but others are offset to clear the spindles, axle ends or even the steering link rods when turned all the way, etc. Those look like kinda big weights for front, probly made for bigger rears on smaller tractor. Wights for fronts are usually hollow in center and you can put on inside or out of the wheels then.  You could make a bracket maybe for on front or sides of frame to hang those on, like Pullers always do.

• Oldford said thank you