Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 06:35 PM

These are the pictures from yesterday's clean up. We got 12+" with 2' drifts.

View out the back door:

IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0179.JPG

My main snow machine and the problem area, hard to plow with the truck. BTW those are 33" tires, for reference.

IMG_0183.JPG

ST/10 earning her keep:

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0201.JPG

Victorious. Amazes me with how much she can push.

IMG_0204.JPG IMG_0203.JPG

Edited by Bmerf, February 03, 2015 - 06:37 PM.

• IamSherwood, KennyP, bgkid2966 and 1 other said thanks

#47 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hmmm! These last blasts missed us, I guess.  Snowing right now (wed) looks light, haven't heard how much we are getting yet. I WAS going to go out and better clean up the last quick plowing I did, but now will wait for this to finish. Might be in AM  as I have to work tonight.

#48 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 08:18 PM

Went out at 7:30 tonight and got out the broom and did the yard and drive in back. Got the darn thing stuck with broom in low spot and wheels high, and NO weight on back and no traction. Got the PK out with NO weight on back and the Wife to drive the brush rig and we finally got it out, spinning like crazy even at low revs. Was a little more snow than thought, and drifted in some spots, of course right where you want it cleaned the best you know.  Have come to conclusion you need weights for times of BIG snow and when you have attachments hanging on front that are heavy!  Duh!  Tried to avoid building/buying anything for this year and it Bit me back!  The other PK has 24" ags, and even that doesn't have any traction with No chains and weight.  Something to work on this summer, looking for those items or making a box or whatever it takes. Sure I will, when it is 80 and Snow is no where in my mind, ha!

I had driven the Wife's Terrain out of drive to clear area, and got hooked just over edge or road on other side and the front drive just drifted more into ditch as I tried to get out. Wife NOT happy for that. After drive was cleared, We went out and I hooked a chain to my Truck and we pulled here out. My truck was sliding/spinning all over the place trying to pull her out. Almost backed off the Other side of road before she was free enough. One note for newer vehicles.......No places to hook chains or straps too AND, then those darn air dams low on them you have to watch. I ended up throwing chain over the lower A-arm in back tor something solid to pull on. I see some holes in body/frame back farther, but not big enough for the chain hooks. Guess tow guy's have special hooks to go into those spots??  Well, didn't pull off anything that I know of and good to go again. Thanks Mama for the help!  She almost Hates Me, but is Special in her way, hee!

• bgkid2966 and jerseyeyes have said thanks

#49 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,411 Thanks
  • 3,162 posts

Posted February 05, 2015 - 11:52 AM

Starting to feel as if I lived in Buffalo ?? Holy snow piles!!Woke up to 4" and snowing hard! At work now... Chomping to go home and clean the driveway, plus help my neighbor out if she needs it? Her hubby is off doing the military duties so she is the only one shoveling.
He won't let run the snowblower lol .
  • KennyP and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#50 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 08:27 PM

Don't push snow when it's 40* or more!!  Decided to clean up the front drive some and couple areas needed pushed back from last snow outing. In 40's today and seemed like good time to do.  Seat time is nicer when not frozen.....for awhile at least. My front drive is a big hill and drifted over so had to use my Ariens 24" 3.5 hp Dual stage blower to clear. For just a little blower, that thing can do the work. I did plug a few times going thru what was icy spot, but really slush.  The wet snow blew OK, just not as fast. Went up down drive about 4 or 5 times to get that down to the slippery stuff, heh!  Then got out the Deere with blade and pushed here and there to move banks back and at turns. Did fair, lots of spinning in the slushy snow. THEN, got big idea to use the Big Rig with Brush. Well went down hill on road, and then tried UP the drive. It did the corners at bottom going straight. Tried to go UP the hill and lost traction right away, and even backing it wasn't going anywhere. SO.....go back up the road to back drive, accross back yard which is cleared, down along side of garage where I make a path. Getting from that path to front drive is up a little grade that I need to turn at and up to pavement. WELL, tractor said NO, go straight and get stuck. Then chewed up yard spinning to get out. Could go a little deeper forward, but no reverse action. AND, seeing it is on slope..moving down hill sideways deeper into unplowed snow. Out comes the Deere to chain up and Wife for help. Again, no go and BOTH tractors spinning holes. Tried to remove the brush and thought I was coming out with Big Rig but halfway out, slide sideways again in snow. Went forward again to the brush, and NOW stuck right there. I didn't try Deere on it again, just picked up and went inside and was done! Here's some pix. The steepness of my drive doesn't really show in pix, but it is long ways down and steep. I tried Mama's car up the drive with good run up road, but didn't make it. Not a 4WD and front drive. Just plain too wet and now down to the icy stuff again. She will never get up there again till it melts enough to be some gravel showing looks like. When will that be?? Lots of Seat time today, but not too productive.................Pooh! 

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 003.jpg
  • Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 004.jpg
  • Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 005.jpg
  • Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 006.jpg
  • Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 007.jpg
  • Snapper King stuck 2015-02-07 008.jpg

• KennyP and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#51 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,458 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 06:30 AM

That was no fun at all, GL!

#52 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 05:01 PM

Medium wetness today, kinda warm, so went out to inspect situation of stuck tractor. Seems the snow had melted back quite aways so decided to try driving out. I kept Real low throttle, babied the hydro drive and it walked out. I didn't dare turn and just missed that little tree in the pix. I DID drive back up to the pavement on same path, thinking a dumb idea, but was higher and not muddy and made it. Then got a big chain and hooked onto the brush and dragged it up on drive. Hooked it back up and went down and around to road and back to shop. Dropped the brush off and dug-out the blade which is brand new, never been on! NOW....That darn thing doesn't come all the way down to touch the ground???? Wha??  About 1/2" above surface. Took quick look to see if adjustable or whatever, didn't see anything at moment.  Tried it out on icy drive, but didn't do much that way, so back to shop and parked it for now. This tractor has a little smaller diameter wheels in back with the ags, but can that be problem??  Have to get the manuals out I guess. think there is a couple diff holes in the lift rod for diff things, just thought of that. Bet that is it. have to go look now, ha!

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapper King Unstuck 2015-02-08 006.jpg
  • Snapper King Unstuck 2015-02-08 007.jpg

#53 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 05:55 PM

Just a note:  Went out and found 4 holes in rod and used diff one and now blade hits floor and even a little down pressure. Think it could go more, but OK for now. Went back out and pushed some soft icy stuff off the gravel drive and much better now. Mama came home right after and right up with no problems.  Mission Accomplished!  Hope the rain coming can wash some of mud off the grassy areas, I've made quite a mess of trax all over. Now we replace Snow with Mudd!  Rather have the snow to track in house, than the mud.

• KennyP said thank you