I made some progress today , Can't work outside in the garage but I did take the wheels into the basement and set up an area to work . The back tires came off fine , not too much trouble . But the front 'two part' rims were a real chore . I did manage to get them apart , after a lot of wrestling . The tires were so deteriorated that I literally ripped them off by hand . The 'bead had metal wires in it and were corroded right onto the rim. I had to cut the wires in one spot and then it pealed right off. The hubs look fantastic for as old as they are and the rest of the rim parts will be fine after cleaning and painting.
Small steps , but it feels good to be doing something to get this on its way.