345 replies to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Well im really bored. (and I cant be the only one) Here is what I had in mind. As the title says lets have a walk behind of the day. Everyone can pick one out. If you have one tell us the story behind it and if you got pictures post them. Or if there is one your looking for then post a example picture of it and tell us what it is. Maybe we can get some good participation on this.  

Here is mine for today.

Its my 1949 Might man. Its all original. Well maybe not the optional muffler if that's what you wana call it. (I personally like it, it adds character) I first decided i needed one when i saw jeffs on here. Its gota be one of the coolest looking machines. So the search began. I looked at all the swap meets and shows. No luck. Until Portland fall swap meet. My wife and i were walking threw the rows looking for good junk. And out of the corner of my eye i saw something. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was a MIGHTY MAN. I almost broke out in a run to get over there. It was on a trailer, the older fellow who had it was very nice and didn't know a whole lot about it other than its the only one he had seen. It came with the original sickle mower. Even had the original round belt to run the sickle mower.  So i asked the price. And my heart kinda sunk. So i kept walking around. (I actually went down to Portland for a whole bunch of stuff i bought off of another member Gunstuff1000) (he is a great friend, and my bolens suppler haha) So i saw him walking around and just had to show him the mighty man because i was just excited to see one. So later on he said he saw that guy and said i needed to go see him at some point soon. So i walked up there and he said that as long as i wasn't just buying it to sell it he would knock off $200, because if the younger people like me weren't into this stuff than eventually it will all become scrap iron. So i owe gunstuff1000 a lot for helping me get my mighty man. So i bought it, got it running the same day at the swap meet. It needs 4 transmission bearings, but i don't care. I finally found one. So a big thanks to gunstuff1000.

Sorry for this being so long. So lets see yours and here its story.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-24042-0-23763000-1413154573.jpg

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, LPBolens and 25 others have said thanks

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 08:51 PM

good idea for a topic!!

#3 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 11:28 PM

The Bolens Power Ho is the one I did not expect to want or get, but one turned up on Craigslist not too far from me. Of course it did not run, but it was complete and came with a sulky. I thought that would be the perfect way to putz around shows and swap meets. So I got it, and it was only $125. And when you have one, you might as well have more, right? So now I have three. And I also now have the sulky, sickle mower, moldboard plow, snowcaster, air compressor, dozer blade, disc harrow, and spike cultivator.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens Power Ho 001.jpg
  • Bolens Power Ho 005.jpg
  • DSCF0497.JPG

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, Alc and 11 others have said thanks

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm thinking we should continue this series of walk-behind of the day, as a regular thing. Since Bob started it I think he should pick the next collector to post one, and that person should pick the one after that and so on. We have a lot of people here to choose from.

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, Bob IN and 1 other said thanks

#5 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 07:41 PM

I'm thinking we should continue this series of walk-behind of the day, as a regular thing. Since Bob started it I think he should pick the next collector to post one, and that person should pick the one after that and so on. We have a lot of people here to choose from.

Well Jeff how about one of yours.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#6 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 08:29 PM

ok i'll go. this is my 1953 Pond and sickle mower. I got this one at a tractor show in Rochester,IN, back around june/13. The motor was stuck, but the rest of the tractor was complete, and I didn't see any missing parts. I stripped it down and blasted/repainted the tractor part over a weekend, cleaned up another model 6 engine I had on the shelf, to replace the bad one, then redid the sickle unit on another long weekend. Never have run the mower part, but the tractor part works great. Its been to a show in Jacksonville,IL, and twice to one up in Waterloo IA. One of these days I plan to take it back to the Fulton county show, where it came from.

001.JPG

I would like to see DougT post one of his tractors next.

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, LPBolens and 6 others have said thanks

#7 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 08:32 AM

Here is a picture of one I'd like to find. It is a Do It All tractor built by the Consolidated Gas and Gasoline Eng Co of NY. I've had literature on this tractor for over 30 years and still haven't seen or heard of one. I'd like to be able to at least document one to see how many, if any, parts are like the Beeman.

doitalltractor.jpg

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#8 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 05:04 PM

Mike Unwin lets see one of yours.

#9 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 06:01 PM

a picture of one you want is just as good as a photo of one you have. You don't need to post something that's all done up either, raw tractors are good.

• Texas Deere and Horse and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#10 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 11:28 AM

Okay but I got to warn you tis a ugly thing to behold , the last Empire I bought and two engines unrelated I picked when a fellow was cleaning out his garage one a Wisconsin THD  18 hp and the other a Briggs 0675-01 10 or 11 hp. Now if it would only warm up ! The Canadian dollar and the the mercury seem to be in a race to the bottom there is no escape . Stay warm and remain calm Cheers Mike

Certainly qualifiers as raw , personally think the classic basket on engine is the best part .

Attached Thumbnails

• Empire 1.jpg
  • Empire 3.jpg
  • Briggs 0675-01.jpg
  • THD.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, Lauber1 and 3 others have said thanks

#11 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hey New. Canadian. DB. Owner  lets see one of yours.

• Lauber1 and Mike Unwin have said thanks

#12 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 05:25 AM

I really like the wheels on that!

• Lauber1 said thank you

#13 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 09:02 AM

I really like the wheels on that!

they remind me of a JD model 50

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,612 Thanks
  • 3,912 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 02:20 PM

See-uns as how its been over 48 hours since any tractors have been featured, and the topic insinuates one tractor a day,  I'll stick my nose in where maybe it don't belong.  Not sure I have any walk behind pics that haven't already been posted on GTTalk,  but I'll scrounge up something just to keep the ball rolling.....

jari.jpg

Today, I pick a season appropriate rig.  This is a Jari with snow blower attachment.  I have used it in snow and it does a great job.  Power comes fron a Briggs and Stratton engine of 3 horsepower+/-.   The blowers unconventional design also makes a great fan on hot days.  In fact, I've used it much more as a fan that I ever did as a snow blower.  Sorry for all the dust and cob webs.  When I took that picture several years ago it was too cold to wash it off.

Who's next?

• Bolens 1000, DougT, Texas Deere and Horse and 6 others have said thanks

#15 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hey nice walker Gtractor. Im glad you posted something. If someone didn't I was gona. This brings us to a good point. If anyone wants to add a tractor and there hasn't been one yet that day, then by all means post what ya got. And we can all take turns. :thumbs:

• Gtractor and Lauber1 have said thanks