• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 10:01 AM

I bought this early last month and am finally getting to use it. The main reason for getting this brand is I have the 1/2" drill/flashlight combo to match. It has been very reliable, so got the impact too. This gives me 4 batteries and 2 chargers to boot.

As I am working on the Jake 1450, I got it out and am very impressed with it. It even took the big flywheel nut off the K321S! It has a variable speed trigger, so that makes it easy to remove/install bolts/nuts. I would recommend this brand of tools to any one. I have had the drill for nearly 4 years and haven't had to replace batteries as yet. I use that thing a lot!

• Gtractor, sacsr, sodisr and 1 other said thanks

#2 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 12:42 PM

Good to hear Kenny....

I just bought the Dewalt 20V max...   So far I like it,,,  Nice and light...   one thing I did notice is the chuck doesn't grip like my old Craftsman..  I had a drill bit spin in the chuck 2 times now..   I know they are quite expensive and even the sales-person said I'm paying for the name,,and he recomended Milwaukee---Even more expensive--

My old Craftsman,, the batts finally  gave out... It lasted me about 12 years thou and I literally built my cabin with it...

By the way,,, Black and decker is the same as De Walt , not sure the batts are interchangeable thou  and cheaper..

• KennyP, sacsr and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 cumminsdeere87 OFFLINE  

cumminsdeere87
  • Member No: 64961
  • 16 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 01:04 PM

Dewalt is the commercial brand of black and decker. Big difference in performance. Milwaukee, makita, bosch, hitachi and dewalt are equal in my book. Ive used them all in building.
  • sacsr, tinbender7 and sodisr have said thanks

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 01:18 PM

Good to hear Kenny....

I just bought the Dewalt 20V max...   So far I like it,,,  Nice and light...   one thing I did notice is the chuck doesn't grip like my old Craftsman..  I had a drill bit spin in the chuck 2 times now..   I know they are quite expensive and even the sales-person said I'm paying for the name,,and he recomended Milwaukee---Even more expensive--

My old Craftsman,, the batts finally  gave out... It lasted me about 12 years thou and I literally built my cabin with it...

By the way,,, Black and decker is the same as De Walt , not sure the batts are interchangeable thou  and cheaper..

The Hitachi drill has more torque than the DeWalt! That's why I bought it in the first place.

• tinbender7 and sodisr have said thanks

#5 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 04:12 PM

I bought the Hitachi 10v drill and impact driver about 7 years ago,,Excellent,,,the selling feature was the 10 battery warranty.. still going strong.  The 10v is smaller/lighter but was more versatile for working tight spaces

• KennyP said thank you