• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pops1964 OFFLINE  

pops1964
  • Member No: 40470
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 09:29 AM

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PROPER DIMENSIONS FOR THE SLIDE BUSHINGS .. MY ENGINE JERKS REALLY BAD AND I HAVE DETERMINED THE CAUSE IS WORE OUT SLIDE BUSHING...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO...THANKS POPS1964

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 03:37 PM

I got some long ago from someone on a Speedex forum. They were just a nylon round stock, but had the hole made offset so you could kind of adjust clearance. I can't recall where/who it was sorry! Might ask around on those forums if you have the links. There is one on Yahoo groups and others you can google.  They weren't cheap, but didn't look that hard to make if you could get the offset hole the same or close on each one. You grease your track and parts?  I've seen these areas kind of worn and having ridges worn in them that are catching and have had to grind or sand them down. Also the complicated linkages have lots of places you can oil or gease up too to help. Seems there is even washers and a spring in front that can be cleaned up so no build up of grease on the rod it travels on there. Clean and re-grease!  As an afterthought...did you loosen those roller bolts and try to turn them and take up slack? Try that first. It is hard to keep them in place as you re-tighten the bolts, but work at that.

• Alc said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 03:49 PM

Just found old paper in my stuff. Seems I got those off epay.  Guess only  $10, thought was more. Don't have user name, but address of the seller, not sure the date either.

Tim Stephens

9694 County Rd 7

Cuba, New York  14727

Engine Slide Bushings Speedex Mounts  161033611339   Think this long number was the listing and probly not good for anything like searching, but don't know.

• Alc said thank you

#4 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 04:02 PM

I used like 5/8 steel roundstock offset hole then put them so the just touched and tightened them up

• Alc said thank you

#5 pops1964 OFFLINE  

pops1964
  • Member No: 40470
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 07:48 PM

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT , IT DOES SEEM HARD TO REPLACE MAY HAVE TO EXPERIMENT ON DIFFERENT WAYS TO FIX IT.. WILL LET YA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.....