#1 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,345 Thanks
  • 3,794 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:06 PM

Over in the next town there is a big Cub Cadet / Polaris dealer and today he had an auction to clean out his storage area. I didn't see much for me - there were tons of el-cheap-o lawn tractors :sleep:that people had traded in and easily a hundred string trimmers in every state from incomplete to ready to run. I did find a Gravely toolbar for a walk behind. No bargain but I'm glad I got it. I'll try to post a pic in the Gravely section - it seems a little slow over there. My only other purchase was a K-161 Kohler recoil start that looked really clean but all the fins were broken off the flywheel and the shrapnel took out the blower shroud. I had the needed parts at home on another K-161 that came from the city dump several years ago so I dropped $32.50 on the Kohler and took a chance. When I got home I swapped out the parts and hooked a portable gas tank to the Kohler and it fired up second pull! Runs like a top. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. I have a Massey 8 hydro and a Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger that both need engines. There was a pretty decent Brinley sleeve hitch disk that only went for $65 but I already have one and I drove our econo-box car to save gas. :mad2: 30 miles home and 30 degrees - I just couldn't get the MRS. to give up her seat!

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:10 PM

Good deal on that auction. I would put the K161 on the Lawn Ranger personally.

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,391 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:12 PM

G, Its more like YOU didn't want to walk home.:rofl2::rofl2: