Yesterday was a beutiful day to get some plowing done. I like to add fertilizer to the garden area then plow it under. I seem to get good results from this. So I threw out the fertilizer then hooked up the plow and had some fun. The soil was just the right condition, not too wet and not too dry. I had to extend the top portion of of the plow where the top link hooks up. Since the plow was originally designed to fit a Sears Suburban the top post was too short. The plow kept fliping. I just took a section of angle iron and welded it to it. After that minor mod, the plow would sink out of site. Anyway, I had to plow north to south and then switch up. When I got to where the two plowed areas met I bottomed out on the unplowed area. I called it a day, and today I pulled out the 1855. Here are some pics.
In the third pic you can see thhe yellowish patch of ground. Thats what the entire garden area looked like three years ago when i first broke it. After 3 years of turning everything back into it, 1 application of lime, and yearly fertilizing you can tell a difference.
Edited by coldone, March 05, 2011 - 07:43 PM.