Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 04:57 PM

Mower Deck...

http://milwaukee.cra...4863860110.html

a 48" mower deck shaft drive for the areins gt series lawn tractors. asking 385obo

Snowblower...

http://toledo.craigs...4863906528.html

I have a nice 48" 2 stage snowblower attachment includes pto drive shaft,no belts to monkey with,this is a heavy duty,no flimsy junk they sell now,this will throw snow a good 50" or more

#2 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 07:48 PM

I see that it too is "flex n float"/ there is one that has been on Rockford (IL) Craigslist for at least a couple of months for $250

looks like the same deck except that this other one is belt driven rather than a miter gear box/shaft drive setup.

Definitely Ariens,  but for a different model.  I don't need a deck, I got one with my tractor but I have wondered if these decks are the same other than drive style and if needed, could they be converted to the opposite style if you had the "other" drive parts, for which ever way you had to swap to

#3 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 12:36 AM

I have wondered if these decks are the same other than drive style and if needed, could they be converted to the opposite style if you had the "other" drive parts, for which ever way you had to swap to

I've wondered that myself. The belt driven deck is probably for the Ariens YT series tractor. There is a YT deck for sale locally to me and I thought about checking it out.

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,534 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:06 AM

That is something I have wonndered about myself. Never took the time to check it out.