• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Utah and Florida has a pistol permit that is good for 32 states. You have to take their course to be issued one.

http://www.americanccw.com/

ok, but I think we need to stop any more gun talk with this post, before it has to go up in smoke, as we do have a standing no gun rule here.

• hamman, KennyP, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks

#17 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 06:54 PM

I was just going to post this. Thanks for doing that. Stay safe everyone.    I may be paranoid but I sure would hate to see something happen to a GTtalk member that was going to buy parts, gt, or attachments in an innocent purchase that turns to a tragedy.                                                                                     Roger

• daytime dave, Lauber1, bgkid2966 and 5 others have said thanks

#18 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 08:28 PM

I was just going to post this. Thanks for doing that. Stay safe everyone. I may be paranoid but I sure would hate to see something happen to a GTtalk member that was going to buy parts, gt, or attachments in an innocent purchase that turns to a tragedy. Roger

Being careful isn't being paranoid.
  • GTTinkerer, hamman, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 08:39 PM

There are reports on the news often about people being robbed through Craig List transactions.
My son had a cherry kawasaki motorcycle he was trying to sell. Guy said he wanted it, if Bailey could deliver it and meet him in a parking lot in Des Moines. when he got there there were 4 guys waiting for him. There was a disagreement and if Bailey and his son were both not well over 200 lbs, Bailey said he thinks they would have robbed him.
My only craiglist purchase was my Ford1500 and it went very well. But it pays to be wise and cautious.
  • Alc, hamman, bgkid2966 and 3 others have said thanks

#20 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 09:44 PM

I only buy on Craigslist.  I haven't bought too many items, but ALL of the people I bought from had me come to their homes to pick up the merchandise.  All have been very friendly.  I usually don't stay too long and chit chat, because I have been known to empty my pockets on the other stuff they have had.

Having said that, Roger is right.  Be careful.  Public places with security cameras are pretty good.  Walmarts, chain grocery stores and such all monitor the parking lots too.

I don't sell anything on Craigslist.  I don't need to sell anything that badly to have perfect strangers come by.  Just paranoid I guess too.

Just be cautious and hopefully you meet nice, new people.

• hamman, bgkid2966, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#21 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 11:06 PM

I never let them come to my house, I won't go to theirs either.  I carry, always have a shotgun in the truck and always take friends that carry.  I trust no-one, too many idiots out there.  Saying that, I've had good results dealing with c/l.  ND is pretty rural, we don't quite have the problems the bigger populations have, but we still have them, far and few between unless u get into the oil fields, but that's another story.

• Alc, hamman, bgkid2966 and 1 other said thanks

#22 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 06:48 AM

I've bought & sold quite a bit on CL, only problem I've had was an item sold out from under me, but at least the guy did call me before I made the trip.  My transactions have mostly been tractor related, with good results both ways.  Wouldn't think of buying something like a car off CL though!

• hamman said thank you

#23 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 10:07 AM

I always take someone with me . I'm a big guy 6'4 but me and my bestfriend always go together when me or him are buying something and always leave the money in the truck till we are sure it's a deal
  • Alc said thank you