wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Ok, I know this would be good in the classifieds but would like to find sooner. I have to come up with another 5x12 gt wheel soon. I have one that has a bad tire on it so I pulled its tire off, that's one rim. The other I hit a dilema. The tire is shot, but the rim is unique to the tractor, so I can't use it, but I had a tire to replace it, but I know it won't survive dismount and remount, so that leaves me down a rim. I have a whole rack of mabey 10 spare 6-12 tires on rims. One is odd but holds air, so hate to dismount it. The rest either hold air or need a tube, and the ones that need tubes wont survive dismount they are that cracked. So you ask why I am keeping them on rims, they are good spares a they are discontinued Goodyear turfs. So what do I do, dismount an odd tire out that holds air or get another rim? Suggestions? Rim offerings?

#2 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:19 PM

Can't you match up 2 tires on rims and use tire sealer in them?

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:24 PM

Can't you match up 2 tires on rims and use tire sealer in them?

Dont know what that solution is for, but I don't think it is for me, I have 2 tires, I want 2 rims, I have one freed up, but cant find another to free up. I am planning to mount up brand new tires on them for the electric springfield. I bought 22x7-12 atv tires, and they will work out perfect on 5x12 gt rims.

#4 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:28 PM

What ever tire your going to take off put ATF all around the bead, both sides, let it soak in, makes it easier to get the tire off, at least that's what I found.