FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 05:50 PM

The cable is a bit tricky, you need to have the cable going through the hole in the crank with the middle of the cable.  Wrap the cable around the tube maybe 4 turns in one direction, and 4 turns in the other direction to start. I find that using a pair of spring clamps to hold it in this place while you work on the chute end helps a LOT!

Now point the chute forward and take the cable end for the winding below the hole and go around the front of the chute and to the bolt.  I loop it through the cable stops and wait before your crimp them.  Now run the cable from the top wrap around the back of the chute to the bolt.  You will need to play around with the cables a bit, but I hope that makes sense.  

after a while you should get the amount of wraps and length of the "ends" correct.  You do want it to shoot back ad maybe 8 o-clock and 4 o-clock if facing forward is noon. (I can take more photos or a video of how it works if that helps)

IMG_0452.JPG

You will also need to use a sleeve to stop the bolt for the cables.  The bolt only has a little bit of thread and if the bolt is too long, or does not have a sleeve, it will hit the blower head and lock it solid in place.   I have a lathe, so it was easy to make a custom bushing, but a simple sleeve on the bolt will stop the bolt from going in too far, and allow you to tighten the bolt so it does not fall out.

Here is what I did on mine.

IMG_0453.JPG

This is the sleeve, along with some nice sleeves I made for the belt cover for the pulley's

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

• DH1, limebuzz and IamSherwood have said thanks

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 06:50 AM

Now I'm dizzy!

#18 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:14 PM

I received some cable and crimps from "Iamsherwood" and finally got them installed on my snow thrower.

Easy to do and now it works. :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:  

002.JPG 003.JPG

• limebuzz, IamSherwood and KennyP have said thanks