6 replies to this topic

#1 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 11:30 AM

Before I disassemble the tractor for parts, would anybody have a 1614 with hydro's type pulley in useable shape for a somewhat reasonable price.

Thx

Tim

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 12:14 PM

Not sure what we are asking here? Need a year maybe. Pulley on front of engine for pto?  Pulley''s on the flywheel in housing in middle for drive of attachments?  OR, is this a new Plastic King hydro tractor and need a drive pulley?  Clear this up for me. Ebay has lots of parts for PK's and would suggest you look there. Use "Economy Power King" as the search and should get a couple hundred items.  Look down thru them, many are on more than once and prices vary a lot.

• TimW said thank you

#3 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 12:39 PM

Sorry about the lack of details.  I need the grooved drive pulley for a metal 1614.  I cracked trying to pull it.  I checked Ebay and there was nothing I saw current.  I have a ton of PK parts but not an extra one of these.  I just thought I would give this a shot before jumping into Ebay or disassembling the rest of the tractor, it is too nice to do that to it.

#4 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 12:50 PM

Ooops, left out it is around a 1980. 

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 01:18 PM

Still not sure, you mean the one in middle, really part of the flywheel then?  That IS usually stuck hard on shaft and you have to work with it to get off. Many use two splitting wedges between the engine and pulleys, carefully to push it off the shaft. Others have used short bolts and nuts to push it off, between the block and end of pulley. Have to make sure you have BOTH set-screws loose or even out and lots of PB blaster in those holes and all around. Sometimes just pressure on it and spray and let set awhile. Don't use a three jaw puller on the big flywheel side. Many times the bellhousing has to be loosened so it will move around and give access to the bolts and area. You CAN loosen those off the block with sockets and U-joints or even good bent wrenches thru the openings on the sides and bottom.  Usually a flywheel or two on epay for these. Just need one with 1-1/8" bore, not the 1" for a Kohler.  Prices vary a lot tho, shop around.

• TimW said thank you

#6 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 01:45 PM

The one in the middle, I was not going to say flywheel because of the flywheel side of the motor.  It is 1-1/8".  I have pulled a few of these without problem, but this one broke.  I soaked, I heated and removed set screws.  I thought I had it, then it cracked.  I will search for a week or so before I do anything.  I bought the tractor for the front and rear wheel weights and was considering just parting out the rest of it, financially that would probably be the better move, but it is a bit nice not to consider keeping it together.  It is just such a space eater.  Thanks for the input.

#7 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 05:16 PM

That is what's called the clutch flywheel.  Username on this forum may have one.  He deals in parts for these.  Good guy to deal with.

• TimW said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted