• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 05:52 PM

We got about an inch on the ground right now it's real wet snow but I had to get some seat time in so I had to push the drive way off and the side walk
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:18 PM

I was just talking to abc112guy the other day and he was wishing for snow so he could go out and play.  I am boing to kick him in the shin when I see him next !!!!  I could go all winter without snow. 

Now on the other hand I will get some seat time :D and the snow will help the sap production in two months   :thumbs: so this may not be to bad.

Pete 

• KennyP said thank you

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:25 PM

IN again! coming down pretty big and hard, kinda odd, seems like blowing backwards from usual way. Had to run the wife's car up the steep drive, she couldn't. Even took Me 3 times to go to top and in garage. It's pretty wet/slick stuff. I went and got gas in truck too while out,used 4 wheel for that. Already can't see where we've been in yard, filled in about 1 hr later.  I could have been out playing in it, but just gonna wait till it's done. Tommorrow now for Me!  2 to 3 FEET??  Ugh!  Would put IN down for a week!

• KennyP, Delmar, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#19 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:57 PM

I spent the day outside preparing for the snow. I cleared the 2000s' parking area. I moved the 4500 into the woods to get it out of the way. I put chains and wheelweights on the 3310 but only have a make shift plow on it(came with it). Dug out the generator but couldn't get the van started that I keep it in. I have an old minivan that I park in the woods. When I want to run the generator, I park the van near the house and have the generator in the back of it. It runs fine with just the vent windows open so I have less noise and less chance of it walking away.

With my back wore out and everything covered, I went out to fill the gerry cans. Gas was $2.15 per gallon and diesel was $3.10 per gallon. $75 dolars to fill 6 cans. Stopped at the store for steaks on sale and cold cuts for if the power does go out. Had my son bring in 8 wheelbarrows of firewood. We are ready for this storm. Now they are talking about 20" to 25" by Wednesday night. They say there might be another storm by the weekend.

BE PREPARED Good Luck, Rick

BTW tomorrow is the 37th anniversary of my relearning to walk, in Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Storm Larry that dumped 2' to 3' on New England was about that time.

Edited by boyscout862, January 26, 2015 - 01:57 AM.

• Alc, KennyP, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#20 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 07:45 PM

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for spring
  • Alc, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#21 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 10:50 PM

haven't seen any snow yet this year.  We sure could use the moisture here too.  Supposed to get to 60 f.  tomorrow, 70 f. by Wednesday.  All you folks back north east, please take care and stay safe.  I'm a little jealous of the seat time, but.....

Edited by Delmar, January 25, 2015 - 10:51 PM.

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#22 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 02:00 AM

haven't seen any snow yet this year.  We sure could use the moisture here too.  Supposed to get to 60 f.  tomorrow, 70 f. by Wednesday.  All you folks back north east, please take care and stay safe.  I'm a little jealous of the seat time, but.....

I didn't get to put my cab on the tractor so, it will probably be miserable seat time. The wind will be gusting and temps below zero are forecast for later. Hurry up spring. I hope that you do get some percipitation, we've had plenty of rain so far. Good Luck, Rick

• sacsr and Delmar have said thanks

#23 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 07:27 AM

Good luck with this blizzard guys. Stay safe.

• boyscout862 and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#24 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 12:17 PM

Hope everyone stays safe up there
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#25 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 04:22 PM

Well, the IN storm was a NON-storm for me. Was light,just kinda blew around and drifted some. Got to work fine on roads, no plows, but drove 50 most of way. Today went out and pushed with Deere and was light and easy, and where I cleaned down to pavement was melting before I was done. What a Wimpy Snow Storm! 

#26 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 08:15 PM

Good luck to all my NE brothers...

#27 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:13 AM

Its just getting light out. Looks about a foot on the ground but, blowing alot. They just said 20" on the tv. Poor little birds at the feeder. Others go under the cars and other places that shelter the ground. One very good thing is that there is not much snow on branches.

Last night at about 0100hrs I woke up and realized that I needed to go out and clean the roof of my tent garage. It is loaded with old AC/Simplicities and parts. I do not want it to collapse. I dressed and went out in the wind. There was still an inch of frozen slush from last Friday and 3" of fresh snow. Took half an hour to clean it off. I'll have to go out again soon.

I tried putting a plow in front of the bucket on my 2000 but it wasn't much wider than the bucket so I gave up. I'm sure regretting not putting on the cab. It's going to be painfull plowing in that wind later today.

I hope everyone out there is doing well. Atleast the politicans made the right decisions to close all the roads so that there won't be as many crashes and the plow trucks can work easier and safer. Good Luck, Rick

• MH81, KennyP and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#28 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:18 AM

I hope everyone remembered to stand up their windshield wipers

so they can find the cars. :smilewink:

• KennyP, shorty, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Some of you folks out there are getting hammered!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#30 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,506 Thanks
  • 3,386 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 07:30 AM

Our blizzard looks like a heavy frost, might call it a dusting, but that's generous.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks