• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • Member No: 57907
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 06:32 PM

now that i have my tractor running. discoverd clutch dosnt work. is there a ajustment for it . thanks bill

• David Brown said thank you

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 07:57 PM

No clutch adjustments on Economy tractors.  If the clutch isn't engaging, your clutch flywheel may have slipped out of position or the pins holding your shifter forks may have broke and the shifter forks are just spining on the shaft.  The shifter forks themselves could have broke.  All things mentioned here involve splitting the tractor so let's make sure.  What exactly is happening?  Give us a good description and we'll get to the bottom of the problem.

Edited by David Brown, January 24, 2015 - 07:57 PM.

• NUTNDUN and bill3t have said thanks

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 09:02 PM

Your in good hands, just need to provide a little more info so these guys can steer you in the right direction. 

• bill3t said thank you

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 09:25 PM

And it could be the friction disc is stuck to the pressure plate (corrosion/frozen).  I've had them stick before. 

• bill3t said thank you

#5 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:57 PM

put my engine back in. got it going. tried the clutch and shifting. tranz made grinding sound. couldnt shift into gear. the disc moves off the pully i can see. mabe just not nuff. take another look tomaro. had a simular problem with kabota. just had a small amount of rust in linkage a wouldnt work. took all apart cleen up lube and worked good as new. thanks bill

#6 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 07:05 PM

First things first.  Don't worry about grinding.  That only means you own an Economy tractor.  In time, you will learn how to minimize the grinding as you get to know the tractor better.  If you are throttle up when you are trying to shift, that could be the problem.  Folks who are new to these tractors should bring the throttle back to idle when they shift, at least until they get used to the tractor.  Also, you simply must mash the pedal the whole way down in order to shift.  Give all that a try first.  If none of it helps, you may be in for a tear down.

#7 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 09:17 AM

thanks mr brown. im new to this tractor. just may be just got to get familure with it. bill

#8 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 07:25 PM

i pulled my motor and found 2 of the pins fell out of spring plate. should work better when fixed.bill